PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open League Suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Open League Suggestion

    Change the format to hyper-turbo. If people wanna play like donkeys all day and try to double up fast or bust out thats cool atleast make it a hyper-turbo so we dont have to waste our time. umbup: Another suggestion I have dont give out any prize money.
    2 Time Bracelet Winner



  • #2
    First option:

    Possible, but not likely.


    Second option:

    No can do. According to the school admins, they need a cash prize in order to establish positions. The prize offered is the minimum allowed by PokerStars. Same request was made of the PSO prior to Black Friday, and that was their explanation.

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh I didn't know that.
      2 Time Bracelet Winner


      Comment


      • #4
        HEY!!!! I resemble that remark!!! evil:
        Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

        Comment


        • #5
          You can't have a bad beat unless you get it in good - so what's the problem??

          You want these guys to call you. You're a favorite to win, sometimes the worst hand is going to suck out. It happens, get over it. As lomg as you're getting your money in good, you're doing the right things. This means you're playing correctly, so why do you have a problem???

          sorry if I seem a little harsh, but really!!
          Bracelet Winner


          Comment


          • #6
            just time out all your hands and consider not playing for the first 10-20 hands, you will not lose many chips and most all-in donkeys should be out by then. (mostly less then 4.000 players left by that time)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
              You can't have a bad beat unless you get it in good - so what's the problem??

              You want these guys to call you. You're a favorite to win, sometimes the worst hand is going to suck out. It happens, get over it. As lomg as you're getting your money in good, you're doing the right things. This means you're playing correctly, so why do you have a problem???

              sorry if I seem a little harsh, but really!!

              SO SO TRUE


              sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MobbyDickKK
                always when i have pocket AA or KK there is some f ckface with biig stack and small brain to instant call me with J4 off or some fcking pair like 33 55 and they always hit wtf is this f cking jokerstars
                When you are one-on-one, I understand pocket aces wins 85% of the time. Let me say that again. When you are one-on-one, pocket aces lose 15% of the time. Did you note the difference?

                We can all recall the time our rockets got burned, every last detail. Now try recalling the last time you won with that hand. I'm betting you cannot recall one detail beyond the win. Reason? You expected the win, so it faded from memory. However, when you lost, you remembered since it was unexpected. Thing is, no hand is ever a guarantee winner until the river shows.

                Like you, I thought the monsters "always lost." Then I began keeping records. Hate to burst your bubble, but based on my statistics, this site's RNG is just that, random. If you don't believe me, go and take the challenge I made in the "Beginner's Forum." Search for the topic I started called "Group One and Group Two Hands." Unless your luck sucks, you'll find out your numbers are typical.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i think the open is a good league plenty bad players perfect for a solid grinder i can,t wait to play it next month
                  4 Time Bracelet Winner

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BUZZLIYEAR View Post
                    i think the open is a good league plenty bad players perfect for a solid grinder i can,t wait to play it next month
                    Yeah umbup: Good luck. I'll be in that flashy premier thingy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Psosl

                      Unfortunately PSOSL is full of all in plyrs. It's all in pre flop each round, all-in in the flop. And it's all in with any hand, A9, A2, K9. 33, 98 and so on. I gave up. Am I wrong?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Beto 300598 View Post
                        Unfortunately PSOSL is full of all in plyrs. It's all in pre flop each round, all-in in the flop. And it's all in with any hand, A9, A2, K9. 33, 98 and so on. I gave up. Am I wrong?
                        To give up ?

                        If you can't work out how to take advantage of what they do in order to further your progress in the league, then no, you did the right thing

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Beto 300598 View Post
                          Unfortunately PSOSL is full of all in plyrs. It's all in pre flop each round, all-in in the flop. And it's all in with any hand, A9, A2, K9. 33, 98 and so on. I gave up. Am I wrong?
                          yes u are wrong. it's nl holdem...anyone can put it as many chips whenever they want. adjust please

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pokerstar671 View Post
                            Change the format to hyper-turbo. If people wanna play like donkeys all day and try to double up fast or bust out thats cool atleast make it a hyper-turbo so we dont have to waste our time. umbup: Another suggestion I have dont give out any prize money.
                            how does playing an ultra fast tourament give u an edge over the donkeys who push when there's no reason to, ie. standard tournament blinds, not a turbo? if anything, making it a hyper-turbo evens the field b/c u have to gamble a ton more along WITH those who chose to gamble beforehand, even when they didn't have to umbup:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Last month i played in Open skill league and had places and points, can see it on leaderboard.
                              In this month my results not included. WY???

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.