PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to play with aces...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic How to play with aces...

How to play with aces...

[replay hand_id=137474 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=94CC1BF18E]

Hehe... after experience so many bad beat, now its time to show how we play aces!!

• joy7108
    replied
    This hand one where I thought I was ahead, and was wrong. I didn't even have his actual hand in what I perceived as his range. I think I kept this hand to remind myself that sometimes I reap the benefit of the river.

[replay hand_id=147993 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=06971A1AD5]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    AA is just a pair. Period. You slow play them and you're going to get exactly what you asked for...

...the rail.

Am I saying open shove them? No,but you min-bet back into this hand,or slightly more than that,everyone is going to stay in. Everyone. That is exactly what you don't want when holding a premium pair,3,4 or 5 way pots.

The 5x bet line that ultraman took here is very good. It thinned the herd down to one. That's what you're looking for. If they all fold then there's nothing you can do about that. But you never want to raise with a premium hand into a potential multi-way pot in such a way that entices most,or all,of the villain's to stay in. That's making 80%+ into 50% or less.

And that's just bad poker.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ultramanAK View Post
    [replay hand_id=137474 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=94CC1BF18E]

Hehe... after experience so many bad beat, now its time to show how we play aces!!
    Exactly. You need to slow play aces during the early stages. It works every time. I would have even raised 20 maybe 240 instead of 300 but I totally understand the reason to play it safe...

Well done!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    nice

Nice work

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    well played

What, you didn't fold to the min-bet into a T800 pot on the flop?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.