PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO League comes of age

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO League comes of age

Well. If the Open League is firmly at one end of the scale, the Premier League is so far down the other it's almost out of sight. Fewer than 20 people out after 20 minutes. 82% of the field remaining at the first break. That could well be the tightest game I've ever been involved in.

I daresay someone won't like it

40% of field left at the 2nd break and 7BB avg stack.

insane Blows my mind.

You can cut the tension with a knife

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

I have to say I enjoyed it, the standard was quite good, but everyone was playing super tight. Well I say everyone, because I believe one Spanish guy was stealing light the whole game, but having said that so was I myself on occasion.

Played another qualifier too but this time it was a lot lot looser than the first one I played. I got moved when quite short stacked and made a move with K, 10 off. Hit my 10, but the guy with pocket 9s hit his 9 so no complaints there.

I did not really run the clock full time in either, unless I actually got waylaid with a phone call or something. Perhaps after the first two hours it might be a useful tactic.

Finally, I cast some doubts about the efficacy of the Premier League, and as promised, on this showing, I am happy to raise my hand and say that I was wrong

It is just a pity that I do not have time to make a run in August, or whether I could make a good enough showing on limited games to stay there for September. But by hook or by crook I will be there in October and give it my best shot

Cheers all,

TC

Comment

Blind structure is very quickly for this super tight play. Ante starts at 5th level, after 40 minutes and after 10levels avg stack is 7-8BB.
        Play at Premier is better than play at Open(donk)League

Comment

Originally posted by steve hitzic View Post
          Blind structure is very quickly for this super tight play. Ante starts at 5th level, after 40 minutes and after 10levels avg stack is 7-8BB.
          Play at Premier is better than play at Open(donk)League
          Certainly the play is better but with this structure it`s impossible to play postflop poker.It would have been better if either the level structure would change or at least get 3k starting stack.
          Today with 18 left i had like 3bb`s with 3k/6k blinds and it`s not like i lost big hands or folded a lot.Simply the stacks aren`t big enough to play with avg stack under 10bb`s

Comment

I dont have any changes to report right now but with a small group like this we should be able to work together and come up with a win/win over time. We can always make changes if they make sense all around. The first month will give all of us a lot of information.

Comment

Its funny cause even though the field is obviously stronger, it is actually waaaay more exploitable than the other league. Just a thought :P

Comment

new league ....oh well it never ends for me ...10 BB left KK i shove a russian calls AJ ace on the flop the rest is well you know ..i cant seem to beat the three and two outers ..ho hum yawn not getting mad or whining ....this is starting to get old real quick ...why doesnt anyone talk about luck ...like the devil fish says mtts are 60 percent luck and 40 percent skill ....since i have no skill youd think i would get lucky maybe 60 percent of the time oh well see you all at 9 pm gl F.Mumbup:

Comment

i just watched cote take out 3 people with KK....wow wish i had some of that gl all F.Mumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by PSO-Staff View Post
                    I dont have any changes to report right now but with a small group like this we should be able to work together and come up with a win/win over time. We can always make changes if they make sense all around. The first month will give all of us a lot of information.
                    I like that "win/win " phrase

I also saw that Pokerstars are advertising PSO (rather than advertising larger buy in games) in the PSO Leagues which I suggested earlier in July. I think this is a vast improvement and will attract more players to PSO and enable them to become better rake generating and winning players.

Well done!

TC

Comment

I found it a very tight tourney

We lost the first player after 4 minutes.

I noticed many "clockers" but maybe that's how we all got into Premier league.

I think it will sort itself out during the month. I played the first tourney just to watch and see what would happen. I think everyone was doing the same.

Comment

PSO Premier League

Yes I noticed an amount of 'clocking' going on at my table too. I think it does not have any benefit in such a 'normal' tournament compared to the mayhem of the open league. You could lose half the field of 10000 in the first 15/20 minutes. Now you will lose maybe 5% in the first half hour. I'm sure given time, players will adapt to the new blind structure and utilise their strengths as appropriate.Poker sense has returned. May the flop be with you. nv

Comment

Wow, tournament is long (20.00CET one) - 4 hr for 40th place and final table looks like 4.30 hours of play at least.
                          2 times a day if you want good placing

Comment

Such whining first there are too many donks.. half the field is gone in 30 minutes... now its too tough, people play to hard, it takes too long, I cant play enough games..waaaaaaaaaaa Just be glad you are given this opportunity to play for big money and its FREE Some of us would love to even have the chance to play just 1 game This rant is aimed at nobody in particular, just the large mass of whining crybabiesumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
                              such whining First there are too many donks.. Half the field is gone in 30 minutes... Now its too tough, people play to hard, it takes too long, i cant play enough games..waaaaaaaaaaa just be glad you are given this opportunity to play for big money and its free some of us would love to even have the chance to play just 1 game This rant is aimed at nobody in particular, just the large mass of whining crybabiesumbup:
                              +1000 post of the day anyone that cry's about the league's go try a play money table :d :d :d
                              sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.