PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

English Language in 'New PSO' or do we get lessons in Russian?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • English Language in 'New PSO' or do we get lessons in Russian?

    Amazing, I really hate to complain, but I am 1hr 47mins into a tourney (the nuts didn't get me ... yet!) and I have not seen on word of english in the chat box!
    New members ... great .... communication ... hell no! do they have to play by the rules too? or can they just continue as is?
    Moderator comes says nice things and then we continue in a baltic language that I dont understand.

    I miss my poker buddies in PSO! and I miss english in the chat box, and I hope that I make the cut!

  • #2
    Originally posted by ruiten7 View Post
    Amazing, I really hate to complain, but I am 1hr 47mins into a tourney (the nuts didn't get me ... yet!) and I have not seen on word of english in the chat box!
    New members ... great .... communication ... hell no! do they have to play by the rules too? or can they just continue as is?
    Moderator comes says nice things and then we continue in a baltic language that I dont understand.

    I miss my poker buddies in PSO! and I miss english in the chat box, and I hope that I make the cut!
    After you report something to a mod, then report it to chat@pokerstars.com with a hand history that includes all chat.
    It is against the rules. I would not stop calling a mod to the table if it continues either...I would call, call, call...just like...eh, never-mind ....but I would not stop calling a mod every time. I would probably say "english only" in the chat box over and over (but say it slightly differently so it doesn't think you're spamming) just to disrupt whatever chat they were trying to get away with.
    The next step is to get a language translator. You can at least have peace of mind that way..when they chat, you just copy and paste it in the translator and then you can see what they're chatting about.
    Stay vigilant.

    Comment


    • #3
      Call the moderator each time and at one point they will get chat ban. If you don't then you are also part of the problem, as you let show your acceptance. Everybody should be calling every time non English is spoken. I know I do. Here's a trick, wait till there is 4 lines of non English spoken by the same player, as a moderator can't do anything unless there is 4 lines spoken and not just 1 word, about 3-4 words A player will only get chat ban for an hour after the 3rd warning, therefore the reason to call moderator every time GL umbup:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
        Call the moderator each time....... .....Here's a trick, wait till there is 4 lines of non English spoken by the same player, as a moderator can't do anything unless there is 4 lines spoken and not just 1 word, about 3-4 words A player will only get chat ban for an hour after the 3rd warning, therefore the reason to call moderator every time GL umbup:
        That's good info Trap, especially the first part..thanks. umbup: THIS GUY KNOWS...HE WAS A POKERSTARS MOD!

        Comment


        • #5
          I thought PokerStars was going to let foreign launguages be spoken due to the influx of new players ( many who possibly can't speak english - many more probably can but are'nt good at writing it ) . Howz that 4 staying on the topic Danster !!!! lol B umbup:

          Comment


          • #6
            umbup:umbup:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Brizer73 View Post
              I thought PokerStars was going to let foreign launguages be spoken due to the influx of new players ( many who possibly can't speak english - many more probably can but are'nt good at writing it ) . Howz that 4 staying on the topic Danster !!!! lol B umbup:
              Where did you hear this??? Specific language can be spoken in specific tournaments. When anybody can play, English is the ONLY language allowed. Those are the rules. umbup:

              Comment


              • #8
                I know Sand but taking into account that it's just had a german and spanish league merged into it then it's something that has to be put up with or you would be spending alot of the time calling the mods - Don't get me wrong it's not something i enjoy either especially after winning a hand and up pops something you don't understand - probably in the form of an insult.
                Back to your Q Sand i think i read it on the main page when they were advertising the launch of the new look league - it did say it would be frowned on but they had to allow some time for people to stop talking in a foreign language.
                Don't beat up on me man lol. B

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
                  Where did you hear this??? Specific language can be spoken in specific tournaments. When anybody can play, English is the ONLY language allowed. Those are the rules. umbup:
                  Originally posted by Brizer73 View Post
                  I know Sand but taking into account that it's just had a german and spanish league merged into it then it's something that has to be put up with or you would be spending alot of the time calling the mods - Don't get me wrong it's not something i enjoy either especially after winning a hand and up pops something you don't understand - probably in the form of an insult. Back to your Q Sand i think i read it on the main page when they were advertising the launch of the new look league - it did say it would be frowned on but they had to allow some time for people to stop talking in a foreign language. Don't beat up on me man lol. B
                  Tue Jun 28, 2011, 11:32 AM (#76) Quote: Originally Posted by Swaxwell So in July we will start competing with the other leagues? Will the games still stipulate English language chat only? Will the July league use the new scoring system? Also how many spots will be paid in the premier division for 20+VPP’s? Getting 150+ seems a bit steep for me Think these could be really positive changes, certainly shakes things up bit anyway In July it will be a global league English only will be enforced as per Pokerstars general rule for events that are not country specific The July league will use new scoring system Waiting on full payout breakdowns for August leagues (open and premier) Good Luck PSO STAFF Read more: Announcing the NEW Poker School Skill Leagues - Page 2 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/forum/showthread.php?34654-Announcing-the-NEW-Poker-School-Skill-Leagues/page2#ixzz1RpF67d00

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by annie_22at90 View Post
                    Tue Jun 28, 2011, 11:32 AM (#76) Quote: Originally Posted by Swaxwell So in July we will start competing with the other leagues? Will the games still stipulate English language chat only? Will the July league use the new scoring system? Also how many spots will be paid in the premier division for 20+VPP’s? Getting 150+ seems a bit steep for me Think these could be really positive changes, certainly shakes things up bit anyway In July it will be a global league English only will be enforced as per Pokerstars general rule for events that are not country specific The July league will use new scoring system Waiting on full payout breakdowns for August leagues (open and premier) Good Luck PSO STAFF Read more: Announcing the NEW Poker School Skill Leagues - Page 2 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/forum/showthread.php?34654-Announcing-the-NEW-Poker-School-Skill-Leagues/page2#ixzz1RpF67d00
                    annie your always on the ball gl F.M.umbup:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      See i told you !!!!! lol B

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ruiten7 View Post
                        Amazing, I really hate to complain, but I am 1hr 47mins into a tourney (the nuts didn't get me ... yet!) and I have not seen on word of english in the chat box! New members ... great .... communication ... hell no! do they have to play by the rules too? or can they just continue as is? Moderator comes says nice things and then we continue in a baltic language that I dont understand. I miss my poker buddies in PSO! and I miss english in the chat box, and I hope that I make the cut!
                        i played in the 5 pm today..how hard is it not to talk in different languages..it seemed everyone was having a conversation in russian,spanish,yugoslavian,everything but english..i guess these peeps do not read the rulesbefore hand ...i am not really bitching just pointing out how diverse our lovely poker league has become..gl all F.M.umbup:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Brizer73 View Post
                          I know Sand but taking into account that it's just had a german and spanish league merged into it then it's something that has to be put up with or you would be spending alot of the time calling the mods - Don't get me wrong it's not something i enjoy either especially after winning a hand and up pops something you don't understand - probably in the form of an insult.
                          Back to your Q Sand i think i read it on the main page when they were advertising the launch of the new look league - it did say it would be frowned on but they had to allow some time for people to stop talking in a foreign language.
                          Don't beat up on me man lol. B
                          The rules for this new combined league were specific ENGLISH ONLY

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Mods and support are useless,dont even waste your time trying to get them to help you.
                            Its about the same as PSO answering a question in the forum.

                            They will send you a nice thank you email but after awhile you will notice that they are using
                            pre-written scripts and sometimes you will get a response that has nothing to do with what you asked.

                            I used to say support was on the ball till I noticed nothing changes.
                            You report people that you have caught multi accounting and its black and white and you get a excuse.You report collusion and are told they most likely didnt know the rules.You will get no where but frustrated. So listen to my words of advice and just get your google translator open and follow the chat. Any thing else is just going to bring you a headache.

                            PSO has opened my eyes to the lip service that gets handed out at all lvls of pokerstars and PSO.

                            All you can do is read what they say with out them thinking you know what they say.

                            If its a collusion/cheating situation find yourself a way to take advantage of the scum.

                            Your in this alone and dont let any one tell you different,its just a angle being played.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Shut it !!!!

                              Right my last say on this - if you are spanish or german and you find your site is merged into another. And you don't speak english...........
                              THEN HOW ARE YOU ONLY GOING TO SPEAK ENGLISH AT THE TABLES ?????
                              Thats as STUPID as pokerstars being merged into there leagues and then telling all the English speaking players that there only allowed to speak SPANISH OR GERMAN !!!!
                              Whatcha gonna do - Go to college ??? Get a How to speak spanish or german Kit in 3 days ???
                              I Don't agree with it either but just give it a rest.
                              I cannot believe people can be so petty -
                              And if you don't speak English OR write it then how are you going to read that its English only allowed at the tables ????
                              ( Just waiting 4 some smartarse to tell me they all know about it b'cos they will have been told in there own language already.)
                              In fact i don't know why i'm sticking up for them !!!! I'm only gonna get slated by the PC POKER POLICE. lol.
                              Be kind with your replies please. lol B

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.