PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PSO tourney .. 8000+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PSO tourney .. 8000+

Im done with Poker School

just tried so hard but in a field of 7000 nuts who are being idiots and 1000 PSO members trying to survive ...... It was no fun, and I'm learning cos its fun.

didn't matter how tight or how aggressive .... 5 callers all the time and most of them all in, I came across one guy from the 'old' PS

Well Done Poker School .... you gained 7000 nuts and lost some real people that enjoyed playing in our league.

Originally posted by ruiten7 View Post
    Im done with Poker School

just tried so hard but in a field of 7000 nuts who are being idiots and 1000 PSO members trying to survive ...... It was no fun, and I'm learning cos its fun.

didn't matter how tight or how aggressive .... 5 callers all the time and most of them all in, I came across one guy from the 'old' PS

Well Done Poker School .... you gained 7000 nuts and lost some real people that enjoyed playing in our league.

Just like in these tournaments you need to adopt a more patient attitude as there will be for certain 1500 very competent poker players that get rewarded with premier league status in August.

I will be looking into helping the community via live trainings focusing on strategy for this type of event.

Comment

May one enquire as to how many of the trainers actually either play or did play in the pso league in the first place?

MB

Comment

pardon?

You mean 1500 players who contribute enough rake to your site.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwMBeecouk View Post
          May one enquire as to how many of the trainers actually either play or did play in the pso league in the first place? MB
          Most of them actually MB.. Honu, Ahar, Darkman, and Dave occasionally early onumbup: But I agree with you, finding training for this type of game will be difficult at best, when having AA is getting called by 3 to 8 people lol The only advice i can give is sit out the first 20 minutes or so, and then pray

Comment

There's a very simple solution - simply allow only 1 tournament per day. This would help lower the number of entries, since there would be no playing 4-6 games a day. The other benefit is a more level playing field, since the maximum games is the same for everyone.

As for me, I think I'll concentrate on the women's league (really miss the NAPL too).
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
              Most of them actually MB.. Honu, Ahar, Darkman, and Dave occasionally early onumbup: But I agree with you, finding training for this type of game will be difficult at best, when having AA is getting called by 3 to 8 people lol The only advice i can give is sit out the first 20 minutes or so, and then pray
              Hi roomik17 as you say some of the trainers played EARLY ON. They must have gotten pretty bored pretty quickly then. I very much doubt any will find the time to be 'active' participants in this latest retro-incarnation. We need a new type of acronim for 'Sit Out and Pray' types - How about Soppys What can possibly be the point of having to sign up, pay for electricity just to sit out, sit out, sit out and hope a cat 1 hand does not get cracked? It was bad enough having to sit at tables where the clock was fully run down at every hand from hand one - with loads more likely to catch on a tournament may become a marathon. I would like to play poker and that means getting involved at the appropriate time. If I am going to sit out all the time I may as well use the screen space for a money table where I stand a better chance of putting into practice the valuable lessons learnt here. With the problems some poker sites are facing, PStars has a fantastic opportunity to become the defacto standard for online schooling and I feel that that is being wasted. It will only take another site to wake up and grab the opportunity and PStars may well see its customers leaving in droves IMHO. MB

Comment

Thank heavens I am not "allowed" to participate in this joke of a league anymore!

Comment

Thank heavens you are still allowed to make amusing posts

Comment

for ppl that are gonna play alot off these tournaments there is a stratagey that will work
                    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Post Deleted
                      Last edited by PlsDntBlffMe; Mon Apr 16, 2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Solution

ok, here's the training.

1: sit out for 1 hr and 15 mins .... this will leave you with a stack between 580 - 880 depending on blinds and speed of game etc.

2: go all in on the next decent hand (you already are =/- 2250 in a field of 10 000)

3:if you win you have a stack to play cos there are still enough nut's in the game to get 3X a call or even a re raise not that you can win anything then but the nut that calls the re raise will leave the building probably giving you even more hope for a higher finnish)

4: go ahead and play your game with the chips you won if you did......if you lost you have a + around 14 (ish)

I don't need to be paid for this advise but I did test it today

Comment

Originally posted by ruiten7 View Post
                          ok, here's the training.

1: sit out for 1 hr and 15 mins .... this will leave you with a stack between 580 - 880 depending on blinds and speed of game etc.

2: go all in on the next decent hand (you already are =/- 2250 in a field of 10 000)

3:if you win you have a stack to play cos there are still enough nut's in the game to get 3X a call or even a re raise not that you can win anything then but the nut that calls the re raise will leave the building probably giving you even more hope for a higher finnish)

4: go ahead and play your game with the chips you won if you did......if you lost you have a + around 14 (ish)

I don't need to be paid for this advise but I did test it today

And what exactly has that to do with PLAYING Poker?
                          2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

By not sitting out and running the clock you get to the same position with a lot more money. But I would advise playing some hands, only good hands and don't invest to much money pre-flop. Only bet large amounts if the flop hit you.
                            Also if there are lots of layers in a hand and there is a flush/straight posibility out there you can bet someone has it and it would be risky to invest to much of your money in that hand.
                            I don't know if my advice is any good but I thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Comment

it still is a stupid donkfest now and the fun of serious play like last month is now gone

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.