PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO - Its not really a poker Skill league is it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO - Its not really a poker Skill league is it.

I realise this thread will probably get flamed - and that just makes it all the more sad.

I joined the league hoping I was going to get to improve my poker. From the tutorials I have gone through and the tests I have sat I think it has been a great success and I have really learnt a great deal. Sadly, that is not the same when it comes to the actual league poker play.

It seems that the Poker League is really all about position. I dont mean the best position you can get from playing the best poker you can - I mean the best position you can get purely by wasting as much time as you can from the first hand until the last.

In one test I did today I played on average 5 times as many hands as a player who was well up in last months league standings which begs the question - is it fair to be winning money in a poker league when you dont actually play poker?

I think the league system needs to be overhauled in some fashion. Getting there purely by virtue of being on a table of time wasters hardly makes the league standings a true reflection of what PSO is all about. Or am I being naive - should I start time wasting and expect that all the players on my table do the same?

I would really be interested in some comments on this. Is there a way we can balance things to the number of hands played? How about the occasional full game in hand-for-hand mode? Or is there some other way to balance the board so that time wasters do not benefit?

Seems like I've seen this subject written about once or twice before.

Comment

Sry - did take a look but didn't spot anything.

But if it is a recurring theme from new members to the PSO then there must be something in it.

Anyway - for the sake of re-inventing the wheel - it might be better to have this thread locked and/or deleted.

Comment

??

lolo-- hay man- use the search feature- in this forum- type in -stalling-- and see how many posts come up !!!

Comment

* Closed *

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.