PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How About A Donk Restriction?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How About A Donk Restriction?

    How about a restriction to slow down the donk shoves in the PSO MTT's?

    Create a rule that if you bust out before 50% of the field twice in the same day you are done for the day, I think a rule like that will slow down the loose play.

    What do you guys think?

  • #2
    Originally posted by DAOILMAN View Post
    How about a restriction to slow down the donk shoves in the PSO MTT's? Create a rule that if you bust out before 50% of the field twice in the same day you are done for the day, I think a rule like that will slow down the loose play. What do you guys think?
    I think shove monkeys are everywhere, so suck it up and get used to it. umbup: If you can't figure out how to beat them in a free game, good luck doing it for money. umbup: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    Comment


    • #3
      donk restrictions

      i agree its sick how some players start from beginning of game going all in every hand no way someone has a all in hand every time its very annoying. a way to steal all the blinds i guess but sooner or later someone will get them it really takes the fun out of the game.

      Comment


      • #4
        You will find these kind of players at every level and in every place, card rooms, casinos, online, and at your social games. Some people believe hold'em is a game of all-in situations. No doubt television has fostered this viewpoint by broadcasting the dramatic moments, which is the do-or-die shoves.

        It does frustrate you when you run into a table where one of these gamers plays with the money, and not with the cards. Even worse, such people seem to have the golden horseshoe. You'll see then shove trash and catch. At least that is the perception. I'm wondering just how great such players are in the league's long-term competition. Consider how many players tell you the power cards "always get cracked," and then the real statistics. Is it the same here?

        Let me extend a special challenge to everyone who feels frustrated by these players. Whenever you encounter such maniacs, write their names down on a scrap of paper. At the end of the month, check out any five. Compare them with your results. If you play solid poker, I'll predict the maniac will have perhaps two of forty-plus games in the top fifty, another ten in the money, and the rest running heavy negatives.

        As others before me have said, these kind of players are at every level, and in every kind of game. You must learn to deal with them. This includes taking the occassional bad beat, or falling to the (censored) river. And now a second challenge where you can name names. Post those glorious victories where the maniac got trounced. Who knows? It just might scare them into playing a serious style of poker.

        Comment


        • #5
          The less they have to lose the more crazy they play... and well... it's a freeroll so the depths of their madness is infinite.

          Comment


          • #6
            let the league abolish sitting out, you either have to play or go down in flames with the rest of us

            Comment


            • #7
              ??

              Originally posted by DAOILMAN View Post
              How about a restriction to slow down the donk shoves in the PSO MTT's?

              Create a rule that if you bust out before 50% of the field twice in the same day you are done for the day, I think a rule like that will slow down the loose play.

              What do you guys think?

              and where do you suppose- you will find a place to chip up from???

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dozer60 View Post
                let the league abolish sitting out, you either have to play or go down in flames with the rest of us
                http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour...s/sitting-out/

                zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

                Comment


                • #9
                  Did not know about that rule, ty for the headsupumbup:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    All in monkeys suck, especially when they have the golden ticket of the day. I don't know how PStars could stop it from happening though, unfortunately it's part of the game. I like the idea though. I'd like to see pot limit instead of no limit. If it's a skill league, make the game based on skill, not luck.
                    Last edited by MSLA_Maniac; Mon Apr 11, 2011, 10:01 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      we are all donkeys here

                      First: If you are a member of PSO and active in PSO league games. YOU ARE A DONKEY!!

                      I am a Donkey....You are a Donkey!!

                      If we were able to make a bunch of money playing poker...WE WOULD NOT BE HERE!!!
                      We would be on the $50-$100 NLHE ring games, in the daily $100K and the Sunday Million tourneys, making a living doing this!!!

                      However, many of us ARE here to get good enough to not need to be here!!!

                      My goal is to get good enough to make a living doing this. THAT IS A TALL ORDER AND A BIG GOAL. and trust me...it's more like a dream than a goal...but it is my goal.

                      I am a donkey....I AM HERE TO BE DE-DONKED!! The only way that will happen is if I get lots of play time and lots of solid poker education...without spending a fortune doing it. PSO IS A FANTASTIC PLACE TO BE IN ORDER TO GET THE PLAY TIME AND EDUCATION NECCESSARY.....and it rewards that growth and improvement with real dollars. You can't find a better place to be if you are serious about improving your weak looser game into a strong winner game!! It takes time, dedication, commitment, and discipline to acheive any success. Poker is no different.

                      In order to beat the bubble in tourney's and consistently get ITM, you must learn how to both avoid and exploit loose and marginal players. (Donkeys)

                      Loose play donkey's are like the local savings and loan on the poker table.... eventually they will get swallowed up by the bigger smarter bankers. As the donks knock each other out...the chips start stacking up where you know you can go get them if you are good enough. Always make withdrawls from the donkey bank....never make deposits!! I know easier said than done...but truely....they are the best thing and the worst thing all rolled into one. It depends on how you deal with them.... and yea they are going to knock your solid hand out with a two outer suckout...it's going to happen...but you can't let it get to you..you have to shake it off and let it go...

                      on the reverse...you will get the suckouts too... evenutually the bad beats you encounter will be evened out by the suckouts that come your way....they do even out!!...

                      BUT, tourneys are about survival!!! You must play to stay to the end....run deep.....cash out..... not just chip up for chips sake.

                      Yes you need the chips....but you watch all the good league players,...they are tight, and conservative 60% to 70% of the time...and very aggressive the rest....

                      As has been said, marginal players are at every level and every venue available and the WHOLE REASON PEOPLE ACHEIVE SUCCESS PLAYING POKER IS BY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THESE MARGINAL RECREATIONAL PLAYERS.

                      ' G O D B L E S S T H E D O N K S !!!

                      Here are two little ole sayings that every poker player should tape to their computer screen in the corner:

                      " A fool and his money are soon parted"!

                      " If you can't tell who the lamb at the poker table is....It's you"!

                      I'll end with this;.......If you Cry when the Donkey's beat you....you are missing the point.

                      Don't get mad at the donkeys for beating you....Get mad at yourself for letting them!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GENERAL_GEO View Post
                        First: If you are a member of PSO and active in PSO league games. YOU ARE A DONKEY!! I am a Donkey....You are a Donkey!! If we were able to make a bunch of money playing poker...WE WOULD NOT BE HERE!!! We would be on the $50-$100 NLHE ring games, in the daily $100K and the Sunday Million tourneys, making a living doing this!!! However, many of us ARE here to get good enough to not need to be here!!! My goal is to get good enough to make a living doing this. THAT IS A TALL ORDER AND A BIG GOAL. and trust me...it's more like a dream than a goal...but it is my goal. I am a donkey....I AM HERE TO BE DE-DONKED!! The only way that will happen is if I get lots of play time and lots of solid poker education...without spending a fortune doing it. PSO IS A FANTASTIC PLACE TO BE IN ORDER TO GET THE PLAY TIME AND EDUCATION NECCESSARY.....and it rewards that growth and improvement with real dollars. You can't find a better place to be if you are serious about improving your weak looser game into a strong winner game!! It takes time, dedication, commitment, and discipline to acheive any success. Poker is no different. In order to beat the bubble in tourney's and consistently get ITM, you must learn how to both avoid and exploit loose and marginal players. (Donkeys) Loose play donkey's are like the local savings and loan on the poker table.... eventually they will get swallowed up by the bigger smarter bankers. As the donks knock each other out...the chips start stacking up where you know you can go get them if you are good enough. Always make withdrawls from the donkey bank....never make deposits!! I know easier said than done...but truely....they are the best thing and the worst thing all rolled into one. It depends on how you deal with them.... and yea they are going to knock your solid hand out with a two outer suckout...it's going to happen...but you can't let it get to you..you have to shake it off and let it go... on the reverse...you will get the suckouts too... evenutually the bad beats you encounter will be evened out by the suckouts that come your way....they do even out!!... BUT, tourneys are about survival!!! You must play to stay to the end....run deep.....cash out..... not just chip up for chips sake. Yes you need the chips....but you watch all the good league players,...they are tight, and conservative 60% to 70% of the time...and very aggressive the rest.... As has been said, marginal players are at every level and every venue available and the WHOLE REASON PEOPLE ACHEIVE SUCCESS PLAYING POKER IS BY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THESE MARGINAL RECREATIONAL PLAYERS. ' G O D B L E S S T H E D O N K S !!! Here are two little ole sayings that every poker player should tape to their computer screen in the corner: " A fool and his money are soon parted"! " If you can't tell who the lamb at the poker table is....It's you"! I'll end with this;.......If you Cry when the Donkey's beat you....you are missing the point. Don't get mad at the donkeys for beating you....Get mad at yourself for letting them!!
                        + Centillion. Well said Geo. umbup:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I agree with annie GEO--+ gazillion for me here. umbup: I'll add one more thought of my own to this great post though.............. If you hate donkeys,you're WORSE than a donkey. You're going to get unlucky in this game. Period. End of story. Deal with it. I went to the Caps/Rangers Playoff game last night. Got a little tipsy. Came home,walked the dogs and decided to play a little poker. I played ONE,exactly ONE hand. Here it is..................... PokerStars Game #60799759700: Tournament #385370221, $1.00+$0.11 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (15/30) - 2011/04/14 0:50:44 ET Table '385370221 1' 10-max Seat #1 is the button Seat 1: Harry Gooch (1500 in chips) Seat 2: schikerli (1500 in chips) Seat 3: PSPEG (1500 in chips) Seat 4: Moxie Pip (1500 in chips) Seat 5: luckyboy928 (1500 in chips) Seat 6: mohaued 1987 (1500 in chips) Seat 7: Ponziani (1500 in chips) Seat 8: marilu49 (1500 in chips) Seat 9: joy7108 (1500 in chips) Seat 10: VickyFly (1500 in chips) schikerli: posts small blind 15 PSPEG: posts big blind 30 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Moxie Pip [Ac Ad] Moxie Pip: raises 90 to 120 luckyboy928: calls 120 mohaued 1987: folds Ponziani: folds marilu49: calls 120 joy7108: folds VickyFly: folds Harry Gooch: folds schikerli: calls 105 PSPEG: folds *** FLOP *** [3d 7c 8c] schikerli: bets 270 Moxie Pip: raises 1110 to 1380 and is all-in luckyboy928: folds marilu49: folds schikerli: calls 1110 and is all-in *** TURN *** [3d 7c 8c] [Qc] *** RIVER *** [3d 7c 8c Qc] [9d] *** SHOW DOWN *** schikerli: shows [Qh Qd] (three of a kind, Queens) Moxie Pip: shows [Ac Ad] (a pair of Aces) schikerli collected 3270 from pot Moxie Pip finished the tournament in 10th place *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 3270 | Rake 0 Board [3d 7c 8c Qc 9d] Seat 1: Harry Gooch (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: schikerli (small blind) showed [Qh Qd] and won (3270) with three of a kind, Queens Seat 3: PSPEG (big blind) folded before Flop Seat 4: Moxie Pip showed [Ac Ad] and lost with a pair of Aces Seat 5: luckyboy928 folded on the Flop Seat 6: mohaued 1987 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: Ponziani folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 8: marilu49 folded on the Flop Seat 9: joy7108 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 10: VickyFly folded before Flop (didn't bet) No one did anything "wrong" here really. It's just poker. And it's how I've run for the most part for the last month in a nutshell. And while the result sucked I want to be in this exact situation for all my chips as often as possible. Donks often get it in even worse. WHY in the world would that give you pause? If a player is a donk,I WANT them to continue to make their donkey plays over and over again. And there can never be too many of them,IMO. Bottom line is this----If you can't consistently take chips from bad players you are NEVER going to be a profitable/good player. NEVER. Develop the tools to skin the mules. umbup:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Pips poker prayer
                            Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
                            I agree with annie GEO--+ gazillion for me here. umbup: I'll add one more thought of my own to this great post though.............. If you hate donkeys,you're WORSE than a donkey. You're going to get unlucky in this game. Period. End of story. Deal with it. I went to the Caps/Rangers Playoff game last night. Got a little tipsy. Came home,walked the dogs and decided to play a little poker. I played ONE,exactly ONE hand. Here it is..................... No one did anything "wrong" here really. It's just poker. And it's how I've run for the most part for the last month in a nutshell. And while the result sucked I want to be in this exact situation for all my chips as often as possible. Donks often get it in even worse. WHY in the world would that give you pause? If a player is a donk,I WANT them to continue to make their donkey plays over and over again. And there can never be too many of them,IMO. Bottom line is this----If you can't consistently take chips from bad players you are NEVER going to be a profitable/good player. NEVER. Develop the tools to skin the mules. umbup:
                            PIPS POKER PRAYER NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP, I PRAY MY GAME WILL FLEECE THE SHEEP, IF I GET DONKED BEFORE I WAKE, GIVE MY CHIPS TO UNCLE JAKE. Hiiccccccccckkkkk Good night Pip! Sweet Dreams

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              . Well said Geo. umbup:[/QUOTE] Thanks Annie.. It's easy to say...hard to do....gl to you The General

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.