PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Quest For Pso Greatness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quest For Pso Greatness

For once it feels really good to be in the race instead of being a bystander or fan..i have been that fan for 6 months observing the best players battle it out for pso top 10 or even the pso champ and i have to say it was interesting. but finally i have cross that intersection, i have swallow that blue pill as neo did and i now see the matrix(pso league) for which it is.. a complicated system on scoring postiive points vs negative points, not so much of winning the tourney itself, on when to chooce to play or not, to fold pocket queens or kings with 3 to 4 all in callers at the beginning of the game, to know when to be agreesive or not, to understand position raise from what its worth and to communicate with fellow pso memebrs and share their ideas and thoughts..i just want to say thanks for pso school of poker and teaching me to become a better online player..I am going for the top spot and if i failed so be it, but i will claim my first ever 50 dollar prize, so yes i will be a 50 dollar club member from this day on..thanks, roomik, langolier, darkman, moxie, kwik, joker, bogweed, bullseye, hd, dirty, monkeyskunk, poncho, and others for your help... and yes for the naysayers i know its early but i can gaurantee that i will be in the race at the end... this will be my last new thread post until the end of the month..gl to everyone and see u at the finish line...
    Last edited by TARIQ06; Thu Apr 07, 2011, 08:25 PM.

Go for it Tariq. I know you have enough game if you'll just allow yourself to be PSO'ified.

Why's the sky blue?

'Cause God's a Tarheel to................

Comment

???

Originally posted by TARIQ06 View Post
      For once it feels really good to be in the race instead of being a bystander or fan..i have been that fan for 6 months observing the best players battle it out for pso top 10 or even the pso champ and i have to say it was interesting. but finally i have cross that intersection, i have swallow that blue pill as neo did and i now see the matrix(pso league) for which it is.. a complicated system on scoring postiive points vs negative points, not so much of winning the tourney itself, on when to chooce to play or not, to fold pocket queens or kings with 3 to 4 all in callers at the beginning of the game, to know when to be agreesive or not, to understand position raise from what its worth and to communicate with fellow pso memebrs and share their ideas and thoughts..i just want to say thanks for pso school of poker and teaching me to become a better online player..I am going for the top spot and if i failed so be it, but i will claim my first ever 50 dollar prize, so yes i will be a 50 dollar club member from this day on..thanks, roomik, langolier, darkman, moxie, kwik, joker, bogweed, bullseye, hd, dirty, monkeyskunk, poncho, and others for your help... and yes for the naysayers i know its early but i can gaurantee that i will be in the race at the end... this will be my last new thread post until the end of the month..gl to everyone and see u at the finish line...

+14-- yet the fact remains-- its the 7th day of the month!!!

Comment

Greatness can probably never be measured by one simple premise.

Lets look at Phil Hellmuth, 11 bracelets sure, but all in Hold em, so do you call him a "poker" great?? I dont, he's a holdem great sure, its like some one said "Phil likes to play HORSE, he can play the H, its just the ORSE he has trouble with."

Comment

lmao its a freeroll duh

Comment

Originally posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
            lmao its a freeroll duh
            Where are the mods now with the "flaming posts" comments?

JT

Comment

Originally posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
              lmao its a freeroll duh

a 1500 dollar freeroll prize or 50 dollar prize are better than some of those 1.10 and 2.20 sng you play and barely itm..

Comment

Tariq, don't make it your last. If you see any hands during the month that you have any 2nd thoughts on, etc... please post them in the hand analysis forum, so that we can all learn from them. That way, you can help yourself and the others on the site.
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
                  Tariq, don't make it your last. If you see any hands during the month that you have any 2nd thoughts on, etc... please post them in the hand analysis forum, so that we can all learn from them. That way, you can help yourself and the others on the site.
                  Agreed, some players can and should learn from others experiences. This will help us make better decisions when in common situations. With all the assistance within this forum now. There should be plenty of INDEPTH conversations about hands. It can only help us all with out us actually having to have been in the hand.

JT

Comment

i agree

Comment

wow, i am fading like dale jr..

lap 200 with 300 laps to go..pso is like the daytona 500.....got to keep the tires rotated and run hard..
                      Last edited by TARIQ06; Tue Apr 12, 2011, 02:28 AM.

Comment

wow, i am fading like dale jr.. after 10 days i remain in the top 10%, but fading slightly, currently rank 119, highest point was 62, i didn't even realize how hard it is to make the pts or one slip up and you fall pretty fast..i am playing very tight, only waiting for good solid hands to try and double, but variance has not being on my side lately, the best hand i caught in the last 5 pso games were AQ several times and lost with both..so i am playing like dale jr. but i really need to play more like kyle bush if any of my race fans understands, i live and grew up in nascar world so i am hoping for a great run like the great dale earnhardt or my man richard petty.. have some hands i would like to share later to be critique...gl to all..umbup:

Comment

With less than a hundred games to go, it's time to concentrate on the important thing. Just try beating 75% of the field so you can get those important points. You'll need about 125 more points to maintain your current position as the others begin to do the same thing, concentrate on the game's positive point marker.

Best of luck, and a poker blessing:

May you always finish in the money one place below me.

Comment

Just wait until you see what you're gonna have to overcome on the last 20 laps

Comment

i want to say sorry tariq06 for sounding like pso is easy if any1 knows how hard it is is me sorry tariqumbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.