PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donks costing me major $$

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donks costing me major $$

There goes 15+ points

PokerStars Game #58233324876: Tournament #360452976, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2011/02/24 20:36:49 ET
    Table '360452976 37' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
    Seat 1: Kinda Sorta (1535 in chips)
    Seat 2: wegetmoney23 (3745 in chips)
    Seat 3: ken1211 (2122 in chips)
    Seat 4: kansasken (1611 in chips)
    Seat 5: rhonesty71 (3223 in chips)
    Seat 6: Zengetsu (2290 in chips)
    Seat 7: CodigoB (1250 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 8: undire (960 in chips)
    Seat 9: PresBruno (1986 in chips)
    undire: posts small blind 50
    PresBruno: posts big blind 100
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to PresBruno [As Ad]
    Kinda Sorta: folds
    wegetmoney23: raises 200 to 300
    ken1211 has timed out
    ken1211: folds
    ken1211 is sitting out
    kansasken: folds
    ken1211 has returned
    rhonesty71: calls 300
    Zengetsu: folds
    CodigoB: folds
    undire: folds
    PresBruno: raises 1686 to 1986 and is all-in
    wegetmoney23: raises 1759 to 3745 and is all-in
    rhonesty71: folds
    Uncalled bet (1759) returned to wegetmoney23
    *** FLOP *** [Th 2h 2s]
    PresBruno said, "good fold"
    PresBruno said, "OMG"
    PresBruno said, "come on"
    *** TURN *** [Th 2h 2s] [Ks]
    PresBruno said, "NO"
    *** RIVER *** [Th 2h 2s Ks] [3h]
    PresBruno said, "NONONONo"
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    PresBruno: shows [As Ad] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
    wegetmoney23: shows [Tc Ts] (a full house, Tens full of Deuces)
    PresBruno said, "YOU DONK"
    wegetmoney23 collected 4322 from pot
    PresBruno finished the tournament in 929th place
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 4322 | Rake 0
    Board [Th 2h 2s Ks 3h]
    Seat 1: Kinda Sorta folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: wegetmoney23 showed [Tc Ts] and won (4322) with a full house, Tens full of Deuces
    Seat 3: ken1211 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: kansasken folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: rhonesty71 folded before Flop
    Seat 6: Zengetsu folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: CodigoB (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: undire (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 9: PresBruno (big blind) showed [As Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Deuces

Originally posted by PresBruno View Post
    There goes 15+ points PokerStars Game #58233324876: Tournament #360452976, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2011/02/24 20:36:49 ET Table '360452976 37' 9-max Seat #7 is the button Seat 1: Kinda Sorta (1535 in chips) Seat 2: wegetmoney23 (3745 in chips) Seat 3: ken1211 (2122 in chips) Seat 4: kansasken (1611 in chips) Seat 5: rhonesty71 (3223 in chips) Seat 6: Zengetsu (2290 in chips) Seat 7: CodigoB (1250 in chips) is sitting out Seat 8: undire (960 in chips) Seat 9: PresBruno (1986 in chips) undire: posts small blind 50 PresBruno: posts big blind 100 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to PresBruno [As Ad] Kinda Sorta: folds wegetmoney23: raises 200 to 300 ken1211 has timed out ken1211: folds ken1211 is sitting out kansasken: folds ken1211 has returned rhonesty71: calls 300 Zengetsu: folds CodigoB: folds undire: folds PresBruno: raises 1686 to 1986 and is all-in wegetmoney23: raises 1759 to 3745 and is all-in rhonesty71: folds Uncalled bet (1759) returned to wegetmoney23 *** FLOP *** [Th 2h 2s] PresBruno said, "good fold" PresBruno said, "OMG" PresBruno said, "come on" *** TURN *** [Th 2h 2s] [Ks] PresBruno said, "NO" *** RIVER *** [Th 2h 2s Ks] [3h] PresBruno said, "NONONONo" *** SHOW DOWN *** PresBruno: shows [As Ad] (two pair, Aces and Deuces) wegetmoney23: shows [Tc Ts] (a full house, Tens full of Deuces) PresBruno said, "YOU DONK" wegetmoney23 collected 4322 from pot PresBruno finished the tournament in 929th place *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 4322 | Rake 0 Board [Th 2h 2s Ks 3h] Seat 1: Kinda Sorta folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: wegetmoney23 showed [Tc Ts] and won (4322) with a full house, Tens full of Deuces Seat 3: ken1211 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: kansasken folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: rhonesty71 folded before Flop Seat 6: Zengetsu folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: CodigoB (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 8: undire (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 9: PresBruno (big blind) showed [As Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Deuces
    So... where's the donk play? Except for believing Aces are unbeatable, I see nothing donkish about this hand. umbup:

Comment

Please move this to the whiny little brat section mods. Thank you.

And ssugs,love ya man but terrible hand analysis here..............

ANY hand that Pres is involved in has a donk play default feature involved.

Comment

Stuff happens! None are immune.

Comment

Shoving 10's when one has a large chip stack=VERY donkish.

Comment

The one-hand transcript doesn't show everything. If the player has seen you play and believes you might be one to overplay your hand, they would call the pre flop. By the same token, you should have considered your opponents. Did this player have a tendency to call, even if the bet was heavy? If so, you shouldn't have risked more than a pot bet to see the flop. Considering the flop, the other player would come out heavy enough to let you know they caught a trip.

Once the flop came up, you were dead meat.

As to the term "donk," not warranted. By betting half the stake with a Group Two hand, the player had a chance to eliminate one player and increase their stake by better than fifty percent. Sounds like the player made a gutsy play. It payed off this time.

Based on my statistics, for my play, AA has a batting average of 870. Pocket tens, around 600. Would I do it? I doubt it. Though I would love to know how many hands this player saw you play at this table. If I thought you had a tendency to over value your hand, I might call.

And need I remind you that if AA have a winning percentage of 87%, then there is a 13% probability of loosing. Based on your comments, methinks you knew you were busted. Take your lumps and move onward to the next game.

Comment

How are you not chat banned?
              All I hear is you are very abusive at the tables,pretty much all I know about you.

Comment

First of all, you give them FAR too much credit... only a few hundred people in this league have any sense of poker or any intelligence to read that. Secondly, I am a VERY tight player and anyone who sees me play knows that I RARELY over-bet my hand or bluff. I wait for premium hands and then I make power plays. I did not want to lose a double up opportunity post-flop so I figured a shove would get rid of one of the raisers and make it an easy win for me.

He was risking half his stack on 10's not even halfway through the field. That's very donkish. I even advertise how I play. At that stage I will ONLY pre-flop all-in on AA or KK... that's it. If I had anything weaker I would of folded. I might of seen flop on Queens, MAYBE...

Comment

There's also such a thing as implied odds. The crap you talk at the table puts a bulls-eye squarely on your back and anyone who has ever tabled with you and seen one of your whiny little bitch fests when you bust may very well be tempted to shove almost anything at you just because the temptation of busting you and laughing when you cry like a 5 year old is too good to pass up.

I have no fear in imparting this to you as I firmly believe that you are too much of a little twerp to change your behavior so this will continue.

Just can't wait for the next episode of "As the Pres Burns".

Comment

Secondly, I am a VERY tight player and anyone who sees me play knows that I RARELY over-bet my hand or bluff. I wait for premium hands and then I make power plays.
                    If playing ace/rag offsuit out of position with a large raise is tight, then you qualify. You've done that almost a dozen times at my table.... and only been at my table a small number of times.
                    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
                      Please move this to the whiny little brat section mods. Thank you. And ssugs,love ya man but terrible hand analysis here.............. ANY hand that Pres is involved in has a donk play default feature involved.
                      Very true. I was referring to the play of his opponents. umbup:

Comment

Shoving 10's when one has a large chip stack=VERY donkish.
                        Has anyone ever mentioned to you that you're a sore loser?

Comment

Donks are costing you the $5 I was gonna ship you when you took 1st this month. That's a shame..

Again, anyone want to bet against me?

Comment

Originally posted by mcrissinger View Post
                            Donks are costing you the $5 I was gonna ship you when you took 1st this month. That's a shame..

Again, anyone want to bet against me?
                            ROFLMBFAO.....

Comment

??

if you had won that race- we would not be hearing about it !! if you had the 10s- raced aces and won- we would not be hearing about it !! cant handle losing races- stop racing--no????????/

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.