PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carp_Steak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carp_Steak

Has anyone else had this player at their table and notice anything odd about them?

remember the name.... but dont recall anything odd..... elaborate please lol

Comment

??

if odd you mean is always sitting out-- then yes-- but thats not odd--

Comment

I believe it is a bot.

He called down a 3bb raise preflop. A 1/2 pot bet post flop, another 1/2 pot bet after turn. Then with only 3 bb left. folded to a bet that was less than 1/10th pot, and would have left it with 15 chips. If you put all but 315 into a pot 25 minutes in, why fold with so little left?

After that fold, I watched its play more closely and noticed action was taken on the count of 0, 1, 2, fold on the 2 count (or call).

I'm not saying it bots every game, but it was very suspicious.

Comment

Not another conspiracy theory...PLEASE!

Comment

no conspiracy. just observation. How does someone hit fold on the count every time?

Comment

Originally posted by RCSDStar View Post
              no conspiracy. just observation. How does someone hit fold on the count every time?
              You've obviously never watched me.

Oh, but hold on. I forgot. I am a bot. And a multi accounter. And a cat burglar

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
                You've obviously never watched me. Oh, but hold on. I forgot. I am a bot. And a multi accounter. And a cat burglar
                Is a cat burglar similar to a turd burglar? And I'm a donk bot. umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by RCSDStar View Post
                  I believe it is a bot.

He called down a 3bb raise preflop. A 1/2 pot bet post flop, another 1/2 pot bet after turn. Then with only 3 bb left. folded to a bet that was less than 1/10th pot, and would have left it with 15 chips. If you put all but 315 into a pot 25 minutes in, why fold with so little left?

After that fold, I watched its play more closely and noticed action was taken on the count of 0, 1, 2, fold on the 2 count (or call).

I'm not saying it bots every game, but it was very suspicious.
                  Was this a PSO?

Sounds like a classic case of ladder climbing. Saving some chips for another hand (or more if there's no antes) to finish higher.

As for how long he took to act each hand, this is pretty typical if you're paying attention to players.

I've tabled with Carp Steak many times both in PSO and outside in other Pokerstars MTT's, and never noticed anything "bot"-like.

Comment

I've noticed that whenever I see him I automatically read his name as Crap_Steak.

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.