PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Music?

    Hey folks!! Just wondering? What music do ya'll listen to while playing? I tend towards The Who, AC/DC, maybe some Clapton. Curious to see what others prefer. Good luck all and have a good one!! Lasthippie

  • #2
    Black Crowes, Government Mule, Santana....sometimes whatever is right next to the computer...lol

    Rosie

    Comment


    • #3
      i watch tv

      Comment


      • #4
        i collect records and record them int my computer between them my tapes and cd's along with all the stuff i downloaded one way or another i have amassed a collection of music that is over 8k songs lasting over 21 days of non stop everything rock / blues from as far back as 1925 ( huddie ledbetter or leadbelly ) to now favorites include beatles, stones, led zep, who, black sabbath, aerosmith, ac/dc, to queens of the stone age, them crooked vultures, radio head, death cab for cutie and puscifer just too many to list really there are so many more evil:
        Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

        Comment


        • #6
          nice
          Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
          i collect records and record them int my computer between them my tapes and cd's along with all the stuff i downloaded one way or another i have amassed a collection of music that is over 8k songs lasting over 21 days of non stop everything rock / blues from as far back as 1925 ( huddie ledbetter or leadbelly ) to now favorites include beatles, stones, led zep, who, black sabbath, aerosmith, ac/dc, to queens of the stone age, them crooked vultures, radio head, death cab for cutie and puscifer just too many to list really there are so many more evil:
          very nice collection, I've only got about 1800 on my poker playlist. I guess you would call mine blues based, but that kinda gets expanded into groups like Concrete Blonde( one of the most under-rated bands I feel) I guess if I had to pick a favorite and limited it to bands I've seen live, I'd have to say the Stones, though it would be close. AC/DC seems to help my play as long as I never play them the first hour (seems to cause aggressive play) Just wondering if there is a correlation between music choice and style of play? Any thoughts from the wise among ya'll? Have a good one!!! Lasthippie

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by Faery Tats View Post
            Black Crowes, Government Mule, Santana....sometimes whatever is right next to the computer...lol

            Rosie
            Hey Last Hippie, have you heard this band? I would think you have, but didn't see you list it.
            Government Mule is in the "friends of The Dead" family. The singer/guitarist is Warren Haynes from the Allman Brothers and the drummer, Matt Abbts, is imo, one of the best to see live. I had a chance to see these guys front row a few years back and had a hard time watching anyone else most of the show. Just absolutely riveting to watch him go off all night. One great live show.
            You can find 'em on youtube if you haven't seen 'em.

            Comment


            • #8
              thanks

              Originally posted by !!!111Dan View Post
              Hey Last Hippie, have you heard this band? I would think you have, but didn't see you list it.
              Government Mule is in the "friends of The Dead" family. The singer/guitarist is Warren Haynes from the Allman Brothers and the drummer, Matt Abbts, is imo, one of the best to see live. I had a chance to see these guys front row a few years back and had a hard time watching anyone else most of the show. Just absolutely riveting to watch him go off all night. One great live show.
              You can find 'em on youtube if you haven't seen 'em.
              Thanks I'll check them out. It's always great to expand the playlist. Never got to see the Dead, saw Garcia in 1976 at a huge bluegrass festival (Stompin' 76) He played with Earl Scruggs and Vassar Clements and a bunch of folks in a jam. Cannot remember what songs they did, whole week was kinda a blur. Thanks for the info and have a good one!!!

              Comment

              Working...
              X

              X Cookies Information

              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.