PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a start to FEB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What a start to FEB

    Played my first PSO for Feb at 1:00pm....got a table full of sitters. Only 3 of us were playing. 1 of those some donk by the name jerko something or other goes all in every hand. After about 10 hands I hit pocket jacks so when he shoves I call like an idiot. He gets queens. Oh well only first PSO of the month I guess I can make it up. Good luck everybody that takes this league serious. See ya at the tables.

  • #2
    February's rough so far!

    I sat at the table with that same guy, Jurko something or other, I think is how it was spelled. Crazy. But then there's been a TON of crazy players like that or I've had a real knack of getting sat at the tables that these guys are playing! I hit as high as in the top 40 players about the 3rd week last month, dropped to 300 and something to finish the month, but can't get out of the bottom for February so far because of players like these. I had AA busted just a bit ago with 10 9 after going all in preflop and getting called.....KK busted by J 7, AK lost to 23.....to name just a few......and I substantially raised or went all in preflop but get callers with rags that get extremely lucky and hit time and time again!

    On top of that, all the people who sit out....lately the tables have been almost half active, half sitting out....really make the game go far too fast so you get hit with blinds far to quickly and those who have spare chips that they've won with their mediocre hands, just raise and take the blinds from the sitters, making it nearly impossible to get reasonable play on the table. ::::::rant, rant, rant::::::

    Ok, I'm done now....back to the tables.

    Comment


    • #3
      deep breath

      Originally posted by mystic22 View Post
      I sat at the table with that same guy, Jurko something or other, I think is how it was spelled. Crazy. But then there's been a TON of crazy players like that or I've had a real knack of getting sat at the tables that these guys are playing! I hit as high as in the top 40 players about the 3rd week last month, dropped to 300 and something to finish the month, but can't get out of the bottom for February so far because of players like these. I had AA busted just a bit ago with 10 9 after going all in preflop and getting called.....KK busted by J 7, AK lost to 23.....to name just a few......and I substantially raised or went all in preflop but get callers with rags that get extremely lucky and hit time and time again!

      On top of that, all the people who sit out....lately the tables have been almost half active, half sitting out....really make the game go far too fast so you get hit with blinds far to quickly and those who have spare chips that they've won with their mediocre hands, just raise and take the blinds from the sitters, making it nearly impossible to get reasonable play on the table. ::::::rant, rant, rant::::::

      Ok, I'm done now....back to the tables.
      Deep breath mystic and a little cat nip...... world will be just fine!!! Have a good one! Lasthippie

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by lasthippie12 View Post
        Deep breath mystic and a little cat nip...... world will be just fine!!! Have a good one! Lasthippie
        LOL this made me laugh, thanks hippie!!

        The tables, however, continue to be just as bad! First tournament, out early, but my fault...could have played it better. Big chip loss in today's second tournament with AK I raised against 79 that called 8 times the blind and hit a straight, and same guy, called my suited AJ raise and all in (only caller), with K 10 offsuit and hit the 10. ::::sigh::::

        Gotta figure out the strategy to beat these kinds of calls, but I don't have a clue what it is!!

        Anybody have any suggestions for beating these kinds of players??? The only thing I know to do is stay out of the hands until most of these guys drop out, but that often means folding premium hands and losing opportunity to win hands and chips.....well sometimes, anyways. LOL

        Comment


        • #5
          you've already done the best you can.. playing superior hands to their rags.

          all I can say is eventually the scales even out. So don't be afraid to play premium hands just because one of the idiots calls with rags.

          Comment


          • #6
            WHAT'S WITH THIS THREAD

            YOU GOT 2 CATS A BIRD AND A FISH

            IS THIS THE ANIMAL CHANNEL ??

            sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hemetdennis View Post
              WHAT'S WITH THIS THREAD

              YOU GOT 2 CATS A BIRD AND A FISH

              IS THIS THE ANIMAL CHANNEL ??

              Meow!



              I couldn't resist... I will say, to bring this post back toward the neighborhood of on-topic, that I've seen some pretty weird things play out on the tables, too.

              I know better than to DO what I'm about to say, but sometimes I've threatened to call every hand, just to see the flop, because by tossing out what I think are rags pre-flop I've missed a ton of flushes, boats, straights, and so on.

              The February roller-coaster ride continues. Well, after today's maintenance is over.

              Comment


              • #8
                animal channel

                Originally posted by hemetdennis View Post
                WHAT'S WITH THIS THREAD

                YOU GOT 2 CATS A BIRD AND A FISH

                IS THIS THE ANIMAL CHANNEL ??

                It's a rebellion!!!! fear the kitties!!
                On a serious note ( if its possible for me) it does seem the poker gods are rewarding really loose play all of a sudden. Saw one person yesterday raise on 28 out of 36 hands. Unreal!! But karma finally got him Good luck to all the animals (and to all who wish they were) Have a good one!!! Lasthippie

                Comment

                Working...
                X

                X Cookies Information

                We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.