PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The League 2019!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey back when i joined the school i don't remember getting a ticket to join, however i was curious if i could get another one?

Comment

• Originally posted by keenan l View Post
      hey back when i joined the school i don't remember getting a ticket to join, however i was curious if i could get another one?
      keenan l

This league didn't exist back then, as you were in the 4-tiered league setup. The league that you need to play in is the Masters CN league (since you are from Canada), which has a 25 cent entry fee.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
      Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

• impossible to find the League on Android

Comment

• Originally posted by 0ufty View Post
          impossible to find the League on Android
          You have to go and search for a tournament name, write "Master" and it will show up. But yes its hard to navigate.

Comment

• Originally posted by gr3471 View Post

You have to go and search for a tournament name, write "Master" and it will show up. But yes its hard to navigate.
            thank you gggl

Comment

• Hey, I want to comment that I hate the new league format, I Love how it was before, specially because now its only one tournament per day and at that hour I am in work. Also it was nice to have more than two leagues level, begginer, university, master, etc... Basically I hate the new format and want the last one to be back. Is this the right place to comment this?

Comment

• Originally posted by NormanV41 View Post
                Hey, I want to comment that I hate the new league format, I Love how it was before, specially because now its only one tournament per day and at that hour I am in work. Also it was nice to have more than two leagues level, begginer, university, master, etc... Basically I hate the new format and want the last one to be back. Is this the right place to comment this?
                Hi NormanV41, I see that you have played just a few games in the EN League. I know that the LA (Latin America) Masters League has players on their leaderboard from Nicaragua and El Salvador, so maybe the LA game time might be better for you since you are from Honduras. I think their game starts 5 hours later than the EN game.

https://www.pokerstarsschool.es/arti...rio-de-torneos

https://www.pokerstarsschool.es/onli...absLeagueLevel

I know we can only play for one leaderboard, and you would have to request to become an LA school member.

Maybe this could help you.

Comment

• One item that should be considered for league play or any of these freeroll type of tournaments is to remove players after an X period of time from play. I have noticed in several of these initation leagure tournaments many players sign up and never show up. For example, in today's league, I was at a table with 6 players 'sitting out' and one player with a 5x chip stack to the other two (myself included). He raised 1/2 our chip stack nearly every round to steal these blinds. Per this thread, the league was created to establish a space for players to learn and practice their poker skills which in these types of circumstances just isn't the case. Perhaps, after two full orbits... if you have NOT played a hand and are not even logged into the system, they should be removed from play. I notice the absense of players in Initation League much more than Masters, as you are paying to play there. Just my two cents worth...

Comment

• one less person to worry about and free chips....

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDadMel View Post
                      one less person to worry about and free chips....
                      BigDadMel

100% agree... and that's the absolutely correct way to look at it.

John (JWK24)
                      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

• Originally posted by lrakjoe View Post
                        One item that should be considered for league play or any of these freeroll type of tournaments is to remove players after an X period of time from play. I have noticed in several of these initation leagure tournaments many players sign up and never show up. For example, in today's league, I was at a table with 6 players 'sitting out' and one player with a 5x chip stack to the other two (myself included). He raised 1/2 our chip stack nearly every round to steal these blinds. Per this thread, the league was created to establish a space for players to learn and practice their poker skills which in these types of circumstances just isn't the case. Perhaps, after two full orbits... if you have NOT played a hand and are not even logged into the system, they should be removed from play. I notice the absense of players in Initation League much more than Masters, as you are paying to play there. Just my two cents worth...

think he was talking about 6 players sitting.....not just one,

Cheers

Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey, I want to comment that I hate the new league format, I Love how it was before, specially because now its only one tournament per day and at that hour I am in work. Also it was nice to have more than two leagues level, begginer, university, master, etc... Basically I hate the new format and want the last one to be back. Is this the right place to comment this?
                          Hi NormanV41

Appreciate your post and sorry to hear that you don't like the format. The changes were made as a result of a Community survey made late 2017 to accommodate the wishes of our members, of course it will be impossible to create a league format that will keep everyone happy. The League is designed especially to cater for new beginner players, and as a result might not be ideal for a player like you that has been playing for years now, I see you joined way back in 2011.

Of course, the League is regularly assessed and monitored and it's possible that there will be another survey towards the end of this year to gauge members feedback and if any changes are needed I promise they will be made.
                          Online Poker League

Comment

• Originally posted by edpokernut View Post

Hi NormanV41, I see that you have played just a few games in the EN League. I know that the LA (Latin America) Masters League has players on their leaderboard from Nicaragua and El Salvador, so maybe the LA game time might be better for you since you are from Honduras. I think their game starts 5 hours later than the EN game.

I know we can only play for one leaderboard, and you would have to request to become an LA school member.

Actually I have not heard about the LA league, so your response is really helpful, thanks.

I think I know why I haven't heard about the LA League, I am logon always automatically to the pokerstarschool.com web page, but the LA League info only is available at the pokerstarsschool.es web page.
                            Last edited by NormanV41; Tue Aug 20, 2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by edpokernut View Post

So I am confused, it seems that I am register to the European School, don't know even how that happened, that means I can't play in the LA League?
                              I participate at the Scratch and Match Promotion, the Master tickets I win there is only for the European region, is it possible to still visit the site in english and register to the LA region? If that is not possible how I register than to the LA region, I think I can't create another Pokerstarsschool account, unless I create a new Pokerstars account. Any advice? Thanks for the help.

Comment

So I am confused, it seems that I am register to the European School, don't know even how that happened, that means I can't play in the LA League?
                                I participate at the Scratch and Match Promotion, the Master tickets I win there is only for the European region, is it possible to still visit the site in english and register to the LA region? If that is not possible how I register than to the LA region, I think I can't create another Pokerstarsschool account, unless I create a new Pokerstars account. Any advice? Thanks for the help.
                                NormanV41

The leagues are by what language school you are in, not necessarily what part of the world you live in (you're not in the European school, you're in the English language one currently). You can only be a member of one school and if you want to switch, you would need to contact support@pokerstarsschool.com and they will be happy to help switch you.

John (JWK24)
                                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

Working...
                                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.