PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The League 2019!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The League 2019!

Starting from January 1st, 2019, PokerStars School will introduce a series of changes to The League. The new leagues are designed with the same purpose as the previous ones, establishing a space for players to learn, practice their poker skills, and become winning players.

You can find out more about the changes HERE.

Please use this thread to post any questions you may have about the new The League format.

I could not see much info in the link provided but that may just be my age.

In 2018 it was max 32 games a month and 15 count towards final score.

With 4 games a week how are these figures changing?

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Grade b View Post
      I could not see much info in the link provided but that may just be my age.
      Hi Grade b,

More info about the calendar can be found HERE and for the scoring the info can be found HERE.

Comment

I like that only the top 15% earn points and our best 15 scores count remains the same (although there are only 16 games we can now play in Masters). The blind levels being reduced in Masters from 10 minutes down to 8 minutes I also like. The late registration time being increased from 25 minutes to 48 minutes will be interesting to see in games with small fields.

I see a minor error. Pokerstars put T$5 instead of just $5 on the Masters games prize pool. $5 Guaranteed should be added to the game title also,

I'm looking forward to January's Master League! 2019, the year of no more playing garbage hands, lol.
        Last edited by edpokernut; Tue Jan 01, 2019, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Masters Every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday. 14:05 (European) & 19:05 (Canada Only)
          What about the rest of the world that aren't in Europe or Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by atmotsi View Post
            What about the rest of the world that aren't in Europe or Canada?
            Hi atmotsi,

For everyone else they would need to play in the European tournament. It's not possible to create a league for every timezone. At the English School the best we could do was to create two league for our two biggest markets.

Comment

Is Russia on there own and the Germans on there own and hu do England have to play with ?
              4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

And how can I reg a game on my IPad Pro ?
                4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by BUZZLIYEAR View Post
                  Is Russia on there own and the Germans on there own and hu do England have to play with ?
                  Hi BUZZLIYEAR,

Yes, those schools have their own League separate to this school now. I can't help you with the IPad question, I don't use one. Maybe another member here that does can assist?

Comment

Hi Royal,

Could U please list the 9 Leagues?

I see the following...

The League - Masters - (RU) 12:05 ET, Jan 1
                    The League - Masters - (DE) 13:05 ET, Jan 1
                    The League - Masters - (EN) 14:05 ET, Jan 1
                    The League - Masters - (LA) 19:05 ET, Jan 1
                    The League - Masters - (CA) 19:10 ET, Jan 1

Thanks,

EC4U
                    Last edited by EasyChips4U; Tue Jan 01, 2019, 04:17 PM. Reason: typo
                    5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by EasyChips4U View Post
                      Hi Royal,

Could U please list the 9 Leagues?
                      Some of them will be restricted by region client, so if your on another client or in another region you might not possibly see them.

EN Euro
                      EN Canada
                      German
                      Italian
                      Chinese
                      Russian
                      Brazil
                      LATAM
                      French

For example, I'm on the .EU client, so the Canadian tournaments won't show up for me when i search for them. I would need to have .com and be living in Canada to see them.

Comment

I figured how to get the game for my iPad royal the bit I don’t like is I can reg for the Russian game witch means eny one on stars can reg for eny of them league games will that not make them a bit of a donk fest .as not every one will be playing for points. Would it not be better at some point to make it league tickets only.
                        4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

How many days it takes for the money to come into my account from the league ?

Comment

Originally posted by BUZZLIYEAR View Post
                            I figured how to get the game for my iPad royal the bit I don’t like is I can reg for the Russian game witch means eny one on stars can reg for eny of them league games will that not make them a bit of a donk fest .as not every one will be playing for points. Would it not be better at some point to make it league tickets only.
                            Not for the Masters tournaments unfortunately BUZZLIYEAR, we have to allow all PokerStars players to play these, however, a player can only appear on one Community leaderboard. EN members will only appear on the EN leaderboard, Russians on the Russia leaderboard, and so on...

I don't think too many EN players will play in the RU tournaments though, there's not much point of they cant show up on the leaderboard, and vice-versa.

Comment

Originally posted by madalina fcsb View Post
                              How many days it takes for the money to come into my account from the league ?
                              Hi madalina fcsb,

I just checked the info on the Scoring & Prizes page HERE.

'All prizes from The League are credited to winning players on, or before, the 5th day of each month.'

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.