PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$100K Carnival Freeroll [Time: 15 Minutes]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $100K Carnival Freeroll [Time: 15 Minutes]

First off if you haven't got a ticket for this freeroll follow this link for details on how to participate: http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...deposit-bonus/

So at first look I thought this would be a regular 15 min turbo but was dead wrong. Looking at the starting blind levels they begin at 50/100 and rise every 5 min so that's only 15BB to work with.

Does anyone care to share a strategy for this? Folding every hand might not be possible unless the tables waste their time bank for survival. The players with the most chips get a huge chunk of the prize pool so sitting back from a 1500 stack isn't very profitable with the large amount of players entering.

have a feeling there will be a lot of people sitting out, am just going to steal what I can and hope for the best
    "A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Comment

Lasted 4 minutes umbup: Villain flopped straight with 4 more to try not to brick.

Comment

Lol a 5k stack in 15 min got me this, pretty cool if I can do this for the other freerolls.....FOR FREE!!!umbup: PokerStars Tournament #800545526, No Limit Hold'em Freeroll 19066 players Tournament started 2013/10/21 14:00:00 ET Dear Killeraxa89, You finished the tournament in 1670th place. A USD 18.17 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Comment

I was wrong, only had 1 guy sitting...

Not a bad result for the 1st one for me
          Dear Ron112355,

You finished the tournament in 1584th place. A USD 18.64 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Comment

Always love the 15 minute format!!

I had a riot!!
            Profitable also?

PokerStars Tournament #800545526, No Limit Hold'em
            Freeroll
            19066 players
            Tournament started 2013/10/21 14:00:00 ET

Dear TheShadoooow,

You finished the tournament in 31st place. A USD 55.60 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Obviously if less people enter,the value of the chips is greater.
            Keep an eye out for that.
            GL all!

Comment

shove all in with some mediocre hand and hope for best

Comment

Originally posted by TheShadoooow View Post
                I had a riot!! Profitable also? PokerStars Tournament #800545526, No Limit Hold'em Freeroll 19066 players Tournament started 2013/10/21 14:00:00 ET Dear TheShadoooow, You finished the tournament in 31st place. A USD 55.60 award has been credited to your Real Money account. Obviously if less people enter,the value of the chips is greater. Keep an eye out for that. GL all!
                LOL very nice manumbup: I also think that too, the final freeroll might have less players which = more value of chips

Comment

Hello guys,

i'm a little bit late with the advice because you already used one of your four tickets (i assume everyone got four tickets because all of my friends did)

My first advice woulda be to look whats going on before you sit down at the table, table selection is important in poker!
                  If you had to choose between a table full of donks and a table with the 8 of the best players in the world you'd choose the one with the donks because i'll be much easier to get ther money woudnt you?

Now, if you look at the current state of the carnaval freerolls there are 4 left of the 5 to choose from, the first one had 19.000 players, the other time tournaments you have to choose from only have 9.000 players to choose from. Because the pot is split among the players participating you'll always have a edge in the 9.000 player tournament because the pricepool has to be split amoung 10.000 players LES then today its tournament.
                  To bad my advice is to late for you guys who already used one of ther tickets.

Now for the strategy part, i dont really play these kinds of tournaments and i will you why in the hope that i'll change your was of looking at these tournaments and improve your play.
                  I myself pretty much play my bubble game for the 15 minutes duration of these tournaments.

the perspective i would like to show you that i'd talk about is that people are more likely to be loosen up in these kind of tournaments, they do exist in the regular stars scheduled and i'm going keep these in mind while typing.
                  Say you are playing the carnaval freeroll tomorrow with 10.000 players. Everyone stars with 1.500 chips. These chips are worth exactly $10. However you start of with only 15BB, and those will probably not feel like $10. I dont want you guys to play scared money but you should be aware of this.
                  I think the approach to these tournaments is as if they are a 15 minutes cashgame.
                  Would you shove AKs with 15bb in a tournament if you're in late position, some of you will answer of-course i would!
                  However if i ask the very same question and say you got $10 in front of you in a cashgame, people will rather tell me they'd raise to perhaps steal the blinds or play a pot with a good starting hand in position.
                  You gotta figure your own balance between risk reward. Do you want 20 bucks if you risk loosing your 10 free bucks you'd just earn?
                  once again do not play scared money, just be aware that you're playing money, not chips.

For more advanced players, i do realize that you should not ever keep the money in mind while you're playing poker because that'll influence your decisions. Nor do i imply that you should, i just show you my opinion on these time tournaments and hope that people will be able to adjust ther play to this rather special format of (tournament) poker.

GL in the following tournaments guys

Gr. Daikie

Comment

Originally posted by Ron112355 View Post
                    have a feeling there will be a lot of people sitting out, am just going to steal what I can and hope for the best
                    Originally posted by Ron112355 View Post
                    I was wrong, only had 1 guy sitting...
                    The sitter ... was it me? Some really nice cashes - congrats everybody!! umbup: Mine's not so great, but who knows ... maybe my result's better than if I'd actually tried to play Did everybody play a lot of hands, or just one or two?

Comment

I didnt get anything going there was 3x raises and shoves on my table every hand . When I picked up KQ suited I got a double up and that was it

PokerStars Tournament #800545527, No Limit Hold'em
                      Freeroll
                      13564 players
                      Tournament started 2013/10/22 6:00:00 ET

Dear Killeraxa89,

You finished the tournament in 3659th place. A USD 8.11 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Comment

Crazy table today,,had a guy on my left playing any two and catching...Did Manage to steal a couple of blinds so squeaked in to finish ITM

PokerStars Tournament #800545527, No Limit Hold'em
                        Freeroll
                        13564 players
                        Tournament started 2013/10/22 6:00:00 ET

Dear Ron112355,

You finished the tournament in 3132nd place. A USD 11.65 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Comment

Today I hit a river one outer with KK vs AK (run bad must be over), picked off a shorty with AQ and shipped a few uncontested. No clue how much I got. Onto the next.
                          Did notice that the ones sitting out at my table did survive the 15m (just).

Comment

So '6:00:00 ET' is 6am EST, is it? I should know that by now

Looks like I made another $2.35 - will be funny to see if I wind up doing better or worse when I actually play on Thursday lol

Comment

Hello magicius,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

Originally posted by magicius View Post
                              shove all in with some mediocre hand and hope for best
                              Haha, not so sure I'd agree with that one

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.