PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scoring System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring System

Does anyone know how the scoring system in the Home Games works ?

In the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Game, as an instance, Briany84 and gmanwicksy have both played two games and are both on 2.27 points

Briany84 finished in 3rd out of 9 and 3rd out of 7
    gmanwicksy finished in 3rd out of 9 and 7th out of 7

How is this possible ?

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Good Point Bill, how does Gman have the same points as me with worse results? Maybe he has more knockouts or something??

I didnt check his knockouts, will do now tho

Last edited by Briany84; Sun Apr 08, 2012, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Here's what I've figured out. There is one place that gets points for every 3 playing and the point amount is based on the total playing. 3rd of 9 gets pts.... if 7 play, only the top 2 get pts. Hope this helps.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Briany84 View Post
        Good Point Bill, how does Gman have the same points as me with worse results? Maybe he has more knockouts or something??

I didnt check his knockouts, will do now tho

He has NO knockouts credited to him for those two tournaments

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Royalraise85 ( Paul )

How can your monthly Leaderboard be relied on, when there is this anamoly ?

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Bill,

From what I see, there is no anomoly. Both have a 3rd of 9 and both have a non-points finish. KO's don't add to the point totals for a game. They're position based and based on the number of players.

If 7 play, then the top 2 get points.. all the rest get 0.

John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Here are some examples of the points distribution. If 5 play, winner gets 3, rest get 0 If 6 play, winner gets 3.51, second gets 2.59, rest get 0 If 7 play, winner gets 4.1, second gets 2.9, rest get 0 If 8 play, winner gets 4.69, second gets 3.31, rest get 0 If 9 play, winner gets 3.94, second gets 2.79, third gets 2.27, rest get 0 If 10 play, winner gets 4.38, second gets 3.1, third gets 2.53, rest get 0 Hope this helps.umbup: John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks John. that is exactly what I needed to know. umbup:umbup:
                3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

From what i can see this still doesn't answer why Gman has the same points as me with worse results...

Ok, ok i see what the story is now, it doesn't matter that i finished 3 /7 and he fin 7 / 7, both them results carry the same score, ZERO....

Duh.... lol..
                  Last edited by Briany84; Mon Apr 09, 2012, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Briany84 View Post
                    From what i can see this still doesnt answer why Gman has the same points as me with worse results...
                    Brian,

He has IDENTICAL results to you.
                    A 3rd of 9, for 2.27 points... and a Zero.
                    Your 3rd of 7 and his 7th of 7 are identical... neither was a high enough finish to get points.

You have a 2.27 and a 0, so your total is 2.27.
                    Gman has a 2.27 and a 0, so his total is 2.27.

John (JWK24)
                    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.