PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Alan Jones Memorial Shield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Alan Jones Memorial Shield

Hello to all, I hope to get up and running a little knock-out tournament just for fun & giggles. All PSO members are welcome to take part but entry is limited to 32 people so first come first serve! Details
    • The tournament will be a play money knock-out tournament.
    • All 32 entries will be put into a draw and the tournament will be played out 'World Cup' style.
    • Each match will be played 'heads-up' with the winner progressing to the next round.
    • Each member can represent their favourite sports team (example, royalraise85 - West Ham Utd)
    • If you don't follow a sports team just make one up (example, royalraise85 - Raiser F.C.)
    • The draw will be done live on Teamspeak, date to be announced.
    • I will PM each participant to organise a date/time for their match.
    • Matches must be played in my Home Game, invitation below.
    • To enter you must reply to this post with your entry like this - username (team name), for example: royalraise85 (West Ham Utd)
    Prize There is no cash prize for the winner of this Tournament. However, I will purchase a Shield in memory of a special little man and the winner of the Tournament will get their username inscribed on the Shield. Once the winners name is on the trophy I'll post up a picture up on here for all to see. Invitation to Home Game All PSO members are welcome to join my home game, here's your invite: - Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab - Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button - Enter my Club ID number: 530350 - Enter my Invitation Code: theraiser Acceptance into the home game does not mean acceptance into this tournament. Remember it's limited to 32 players so first come first serve! Again, it's just a bit of fun. The 'Grind' can be so serious sometimes. Hopefully this tournament will be a chance to kick the shoes off and have a 'no pressure' feel to it. See you at the tables! Raiser umbup:

I would like to enter, royalraise85 (West Ham Utd) umbup:

Comment

I would like to be considered Raiser.
      I think a little more info on the shield and what it means would be good.

!!!111Dan - Chicago Cubs

Comment

I have applied, looking forward to the game.

Put me down for the Oklahoma Sooners!
        Last edited by Johnny Oak; Thu Dec 01, 2011, 12:40 AM.

Comment

I would like to enter m.bisland Liverpool fc umbup:

Comment

I would like to have a crack at this too - sounds like a fun tournament.

Ed from Edinburgh -

EdinFreeMan

(Meadowbank Thistle)
            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Raiser, I'd love to enter,

Grade b - Dallas Cowboys
              I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

might be 2 late but ive applied to the club. maybe make it a nightly thing? it's all about the "U"!!! (University of Miami Hurricanes!)
                Last edited by FLsnookman; Thu Dec 01, 2011, 01:43 AM. Reason: style
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi,

I would like to join your club and also the tournament.

JerseyRon - Philadelphia Eagles

Comment

Thanks to all that have entered so far! umbup: There are just 24 spaces still available. Once we get the 32 names I'll announced the date for the draw. Here are the entries so far: 1. West Ham Utd. (royalraise85) 2. Chicago Cubs (!!!111Dan) 3. Oklahoma Sooners (Johnny Oak) 4. Liverpool FC (M.Bisland) 5. Meadowbank Thistle (Edinfreeman) 6. Dallas Cowboys (Grade b) 7. Miami Hurricanes (FLsnookman) 8. Philadelphia Eagles (JerseyRon) Check out the first post here if you want details of what the tourney is about. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Stick me down for position no.9 and yes you guessed it Manchester Utd!

Cheers,

TC

Comment

Hi Royal please put me in as Accrington Stanley

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Curran View Post
                          Hi Royal please put me in as Accrington Stanley

Argh who accrington Stanley who are they.

Comment

I'd definitely like to enter! MrInCraigabl (ChelseaFC) cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by m.bisland View Post
                              Argh who accrington Stanley who are they.
                              Exactly

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.