PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Original Drunk Tank" still going...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Original Drunk Tank" still going...

Hi everyone. Just want to first start off by saying a BIG THANK YOU to Effsea for allowing the US players and everyone else to keep playing int he original Drunk Tank he opened. For those of you who have been coming in and playing it's great!!! We have fun and even though we are playing for fake money, we have a blast. A bunch of us who have been playing have been trying to come up with ways to get more people out and about and into the games. We finally came up with a little friendly challenge for July and if it gets some more people to play we will continue it and try to add a few more things to add to the mix.

For July, we made up two teams who will be playing for top points and bragging rights. Anyone who has played at least two games from the prior month has been added to the teams. For those who didn't please stop in and play so you can be added into the next months Challenge.

Start Time is 10pm Eastern (for those who are usually in the game that's an hour earlier then Junes start time)
    Chip Stacks: $3000
    Type of Tourney: Knockout
    Buy-in: $500 + $30

So here are the teams, and the few suggestions to make it fair to everyone..

The Odd Team consists of the following players:
    Johnny Oak
    Brkn80
    JerseyRon
    Effsea
    Sandtrap777
    Chelle867
    Joker41673
    I needsome$$$
    Roomik17
    Mphnascar
    Razzys

The Even Team consists of the following players:
    JWK24
    Julestubby
    Faery Tats
    Moxie Pip
    Kvance1972
    BttredMdgt
    GALadyluck
    Joe Dawg 57
    Nobisquit
    Tom905
    Ssuglia

This is a fun challenge and a friendly competition...NO ganging up on opposing members OR taking it easy on your own members.

Play as you normally do and at the end of the month after the final game is played the points will be tallied to see which group gets bragging rights.

Teams will be reassigned by player position and all new players who have at least 2 games in will be added to the new teams.

All odd number placements will be on the odd team and all even numbered placements will be on the even team. We will post a list of teams each month.

I will add weekly updates to this thread as to how the teams are doing.

Good luck to both teams and hope to see some new faces at the felt.

Johnny and Tits
    Last edited by Faery Tats; Sat Jul 02, 2011, 01:18 AM. Reason: added start times and chip stacks

Well done Tats!

Comment

Sounds like a very good idea I have always enjoyed the tank games, the people are great, and nobody has ever laughed at a donk move I've made. LOL( I don't know how you hold it in, but thanks). Really now, it is a great group. What makes it even more special in my opinion, is the number of Canadian players who come to the table. They could just as easily have played a cash game and made some bucks, but instead choose to hang with those of us using monopoly money. They are with us for the friendship and camaraderie. True friendship is one of the great gifts life gives us for free. umbup: I'll try to be sitting in on as many games as I can. I miss the people and the chat. Sometimes I just can't make it or end up sitting out due to stuff going on at home. I am glad to see the buy-in amount lowered from what it used to be. I wouldn't have been able to play very many games at the bigger buy-in, but I got a generous donation from brkn80 and at least one other person. Thanks bunches, it means a lot Wishing everyone good luck and good cards. Look forward to seeing you tonight.

Comment

Anyone else needing a boost of play money, please don't hesitate to ask. Many of the players would be willing to help with a transfer. Thanks to brkn for helping mphnascar.

This should NOT be the reason you can't play.

Comment

Standings July 1st Even Odd Challenge

Well tonight was the first night of the Even Odd Challenge Tourney and it was a nice turnout. We had 8 players come out to join us and the game lasted an hour and forty two minutes.

Odd team players:
          Johnny Oak - Finished 1st
          Brkn80 - Finished 5th
          mphnascar - Finished 3rd

Even team players:
          Buttredmdgt - Finished 2nd
          Faery Tats - Finished 4th
          JWK24 - Finished 6th
          Nobisquit - Finished 8th

Players not on teams this month but will be added next month as long as they get 2 games in for July:
          EasyChips4U - Finished 7th

Odd Team Standings Points - 4.69
          Even Team Standings Points - 3.31

The more people we get to play in these games the more places get awarded points. SOOOOOOO, even if your not on a team this month come out and support the team your rooting for by playing.

Thanks to all who came out tonight and see everyone tomorrow night!!!

Johnny and Tits

Comment

Monthly Birthday Bash.......

Hey Drunk Tank members, we came up with another little twist. Once a month we are going to have a Birthday Bash game for whoever's birthday it is that month. The birthday guys and gals will have their buy-ins shipped to them prior to the game, all you have to do is come out and play with your birthday chips and party hat.

A week before the Birthday Bash I will list the names of the people celebrating for that month, if any member would like to sponsor a birthday guy or gal just PM. The night before the Bash I will list everyone who sponsored the birthday players.

Format:

NLHE Knockout
            Top 20% payout
            Starting Chips $5000
            Buy-in: 500+125+30
            Date: Second Sunday of every month
            Time: 8 PM

Birthday Bash results do not apply to club standings and statistics so they will not affect the monthly challenge tournies.

All we need from you guys is the month you were born and we can get this started for this month.

January

February
            1)Johnny Oak
            2)Tom905

March
            1)JerseyRon

April
            1)Brkn80
            2)Joker41673

May

June
            1)Chilli2U

July
            1)Faery Tats
            2)kvance

August

September
            1)Julestubby25
            2)mtnestegg

October
            1)JWK24

November

December

Johnny and Tits
            Last edited by Faery Tats; Tue Jul 12, 2011, 05:33 PM. Reason: Adding Birthdays

Comment

This is a great idea Nice idea that you and Johnny came up with Tats. I am sorry I missed tonights game but I will try to make as many of the games as I can because I really enjoy playing with you guys and gals. umbup: Hopefully, this will get attract more people because its always nicer to play with a full table even if its just for bragging rights and fun.
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

way to cool tatsumbup: hiccup
                Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Eff, we're trying to keep everyone together... Now you just need to come in and visit once in awhile...LOL

Tits

Comment

Originally posted by effsea View Post
                    way to cool tatsumbup: hiccup
                    And it's not just me Eff, it's Johnny and everyone else trying to come up with things to have fun in the club and keep it going until the US p0layers can play again.....HICCUP Tits

Comment

Drunk Tank Birthday Bash - July

NLHE Knockout
                      Top 20% payout
                      Starting Chips $5000
                      Buy-in: 500+125+30
                      Date: Second Sunday of every month
                      Time: 8 PM

JULY 10th @ 8pm

Birthdays being Celebrated:

Faery Tats

If there is anyone in the club who's birthday is in July please let me know so we can add you to the list so you can play the nights Birthday Bash game FREEEEEEE!!!!!

Remember, the people celebrating birthdays for the month will be sponsored by a member so they can play for FREEEEEEE!!!

If anyone would like to sponsor a member for their birthday please PM Faery Tats.

Johnny and Tits
                      Last edited by Faery Tats; Sun Jul 03, 2011, 06:27 AM.

Comment

July 2nd Results

Results - Game 2
                        7 Players
                        2 hours 9 minutes

Odd team players:

Brkn80 - Finished 3rd
                        Johnny Oak - Finished 4th

Even team players:

Julestubby25 - Finished 2nd
                        JWK24 - Finished 5th
                        Faery Tats - Finished 6th
                        Buttredmdgt - Finished 7th

No Team:

Chilli 2 U - Finished 1st

Players not on teams this month but will be added next month as long as they get 2 games in for July:
                        EasyChips4U - 1
                        Chilli 2 U - 1

Even Team Standings Points - 6.51

The more people we get to play in these games the more places get awarded points. SOOOOOOO, even if your not on a team this month come out and support the team your rooting for by playing.

Johnny and Tits
                        Last edited by Faery Tats; Mon Jul 04, 2011, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Results - Game 3 July 3rd

Results - Game 3
                          5 Players
                          1 hours 22 minutes

Odd team players:

Even team players:

Faery Tats - Finished 3rd
                          JWK24 - Finished 4th
                          Julestubby25 - Finished 5th

No Team:

Chilli 2 U - Finished 2nd

EasyChips4U - 1
                          Chilli 2 U - 2

Odd Team Standings Points - 7.69
                          Even Team Standings Points - 6.51

Johnny and Tits
                          Last edited by Faery Tats; Tue Jul 05, 2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faery Tats View Post
                            Well tonight was the first night of the Even Odd Challenge Tourney and it was a nice turnout. We had 8 players come out to join us and the game lasted an hour and forty two minutes.

Odd team players:
                            Brkn80 - Finished 5th
                            mphnascar - Finished 3rd

Even team players:
                            Buttredmdgt - Finished 2nd
                            Faery Tats - Finished 4th
                            JWK24 - Finished 6th
                            Nobisquit - Finished 8th

EasyChips4U - Finished 7th

Even Team Standings Points - 3.31

Johnny and Tits
                            Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

all Odd team members finished in odd places.

all Even team members finished in even places.

Coincidence?

...or is it RIGGED!!!!!
                            Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Post Deleted
                              Last edited by PlsDntBlffMe; Mon Apr 16, 2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.