PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads up Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up Players

I decided to start a club strictly for HU play,so members can discuss leaks and improve their game playing against people that actually give a damn.

Goal is to get some really good HU players coming out of the PSO.
    -Develop new plays
    - Discuss hands
    - Discuss player types and strategies on how to beat them
    - Help each other move up the level

So if you want to play Heads up and have other members dissect your game,by all means join up.
    As we get more members I will schedule some king of the hill type contests to see who is the biggest weiner

- To join click home games tab
    - click join a poker club
    - enter 447154
    -invitation code is: lameduck

Any questions load them up here and I will try and keep a tab on things.

I'm very interested in improving my heads up play, look forward to playing and being critiqued.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yeah, I signed up. I have very little HU experience, but I do give a damn about improving my game and I'm a pretty decent player, so I'd be glad to test my game against some other people. I don't know how you plan to have people get their plays critiqued, but I like the idea.

I think mid/deep stack HU is where I need the most practice in my SNG game. I'm kind of awful at shipping an STT if the HU phase begins with more than 15 effective BB.
      Last edited by PanickyPoker; Sat May 28, 2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I am interested... but limited to play chips only here ....

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
          I am interested... but limited to play chips only here ....
          Can you use play money in home games? I was under the impression you couldn't.
          'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

yep you can umbup:

Comment

Live and learn. Thanks, roomik.

Count me in, too. I rarely get the chance to practice heads up, so play money games would help me loads.
              'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

I see matches are going down but I keep missing them.
                Maybe we can pick a night that is good for most of us and have a group sweat.
                Thursday,Sat. and Sunday night are good for me this week.

Would be nice if I could change the blind and starting stacks as well.Will email support and see if they can change any of that.

Comment

I'll keep my eyes on this thread. Those times are likely to work for me as well, 7:00pm and later.

Comment

Just applied to join. umbup: zzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Alright I have set up a tourney for tomorrow.

Heads up winner takes all(play money 200 +15)
                      -Knockout,only way I could set it up for Heads up
                      - 5 minute blinds
                      - starting stack 1500

Anyone wants to play you are all welcome will start 19 15 Pacific time or 1015 Est.

Comment

Still looking for some more players for tonights game,sign up for our first weekly battle.

Comment

Good game tonightumbup: Hoky had me soo confused at points lol, and you and the dang good kickers lol always getting me Looking forward to the next match, lets get more people playing this thing

Comment

Bump for tonights Heads up tourney if any one wants to join last minute.

@10:15 Eastern time.

Its a weekly tourney if you miss the cut off,you can always play next week.

Comment

Can I join I love playing heads up!umbup:umbup:umbup:
                              2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.