PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need your feedback Please post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need your feedback Please post

Hi everyone. We have been asked to gather feedback and suggestions from our members for the PokerStars Home Games. Please make your posts in this thread. The Home Games feature is still in Beta mode and at this point it is possible for suggestions to be considered.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback.
    Last edited by TOO2COO; Mon Jan 07, 2013, 11:23 PM. Reason: Up Dating

I would like to see 10 cent tourneys for home games. Also I would like to be able to send an ingame message to all people in the club from the home games menu.

Comment

as i understand that the homegames are a service being provided by pokerstars i would like to suggest a way to have lower buy-ins and still allow PS to collect what they need i would like to see something like this regular tournaments 10+2 25+5 50+5 knockout tournaments 15+5+5 25+10+5 50+15+10 i would also like to see the ability to chose weekly and monthly games where as we can set them up once and then are automaticly generated the ability to add on cash and chip prizes along with bounties i would like to have a bulliten board where i can post news, updates and pose questions for members to leave feedback on i would like to have more than one play chip ring table at a time the ability to chose colors for text in the chat box i believe that's all i can wish for at the moment i would like to add that the home game feature is wonderful addition to pokerstars and that all of my members have been enjoying themselves thank you jason evil:
      Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

cool

it would be great if members could see the members list of players in the club, not just the team manager,

Just would like to say how much l love the home games, never had so much fun playing online poker,

cheers
        effsea
        Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Allow the participants to re-run the games with hole cards showing for a week after the game if all those taking part agree.

Comment

I would definitely like to see the ability to do smaller buy-in tourneys. I have a lot of people in my Home Game trying to build a bankroll and even a $.50 or $.25 buy-in would be great.

I would also agree that a way to make a tournament a regular event would be good. That way you can post the tournament, and check a box that would say something like "Make Weekly Event".

Comment

Originally posted by effsea View Post
              it would be great if members could see the members list of players in the club, not just the team manager, Just would like to say how much l love the home games, never had so much fun playing online poker, cheers effsea
              you can after they play their 1st league tourney hiccup evil:
              Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

I would like more of an explanation for the league function. It seems the site allows the home games to collect data and rank players, which is good. Since I am not a home game manager, it is possible these items are already covered. What I would like seeing is:

1 --- Scoring system explained.
                This need not be a long-winded thing, but a quick primer for those interested via a link on the ranking page.

2 --- Resetting.
                There needs to be a way of restarting the league's scoring system. This could either be done by number of games scheduled, or by date.

3 --- Historical data.
                If there is a league, there should be a way to see what happened in the prior season. However, to conserve computer space, only the one prior season could be seen.

4 --- Bulletine board.
                This should be a one-page listing for the manager to post important items.

5 --- Scheduling.
                There should be a means of entering multiple dates for the home games, such as every Xday at a specific time.

6 --- Non-league games.
                Managers should have the ability to designate certain games as not part of the usual season and the results of such games would be ignored by the system for points.

7 --- Special prizes.
                Give the leagues the option of an additional fee for seasonal prizes. I'm thinking of a prize structure for the league's standings that would pay those players who excell, such as is done in the PSO. Like the usual game fees, these would be subject to a set fee, such as 10-cents per player, regardless of the money, with a maximum set at $5.00.

8 --- Prize limitations.
                By this I mean a way of limiting the number of winners paid regardless of the number who enter a tournament. This would need to be designated as an either/or payout. "Prizes will be assigned based on the number of players, but shall not exceed 9 winners." So a tournament with 27 players would have seven paid, but if a tournament has fifty players, it could be limited to the maximum allowed of 9.

9 --- Variable league structures.
                Players standings would be based on a set number regardless of games played. For example, the league could have thirty games scheduled in a month, but just the top ten finishes will be used to determine standings.

Comment

Maybe have some bigger cash games?

Comment

I would like to see, other than North Americans allowed to participate in the Play With The Pros promotion.
                    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBoyGold View Post
                      ...... for home games. Also I would like to be able to send an ingame message to all people in the club from the home games menu.
                      +1.. great idea! umbup:
                      it would be great if members could see the members list of players in the club, not just the team manager, Just would like to say how much l love the home games, never had so much fun playing online poker, cheers effsea
                      You can, and you don't have to have played any. It's in the club home tab in your club lobby eff. I see everyone in your club and I haven't played yet this month.
                      Last edited by !!!111Dan; Sat Feb 12, 2011, 10:30 PM.

Comment

home

homes games are cool

Comment

Originally posted by ericnnancy View Post
                          I would definitely like to see the ability to do smaller buy-in tourneys. I have a lot of people in my Home Game trying to build a bankroll and even a $.50 or $.25 buy-in would be great.

I would also agree that a way to make a tournament a regular event would be good. That way you can post the tournament, and check a box that would say something like "Make Weekly Event".
                          i like these two ideas. i too have players in my home game who would enjoy playing at lower stakes but still play for real money. i realize that PS needs to make money from the games, but even .25¢ + 0.02¢ would make a little more than a play money game!
                          and certainly making up a repeating tourney for every Sunday (or what ever) would sure be nice.

Just would like to say how much l love the home games, never had so much fun playing online poker,

cheers
                          effsea
                          me too, it's fun and i've even tried to win that Pro at your game thing..
                          i wasn't successful, but it was exciting!

i also wish that when there were 4 - 5 players i could opt to pay the top two places rather than winner take all.
                          it just helps spread the wealth a little.

and one more thing - making a way to contact the members for an upcoming tourney or a last minute reminder.
                          since we can only PM 5 at a time.. my homegame group takes 6 separate messages to reach everyone. i can't imagine how difficult it is for a realy large home game group!

Last edited by blindmice123; Mon Feb 14, 2011, 01:37 AM. Reason: thought of one more thing...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBoyGold View Post
                            I would like to see 10 cent tourneys for home games.
                            umbup: Dawn

Comment

Staff, they have changed the set up window for creating a tourney. Now with the addition of the notes section, the window has increased in size. On my lil' netbook, I can no longer see the submit box at the bottom of the page. Is there any way to make this window a scrollable one? Or maybe make the notes section a little smaller? The window is not adjustable so there is nothing I can do.
                              I appreciate any help here.

Comment

Working...
                              X