PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guaging Interest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guaging Interest

Being a bit of a "Billy No Mates" I haven't bothered setting up a Home Game Club, there are certainly plenty to choose from already within the PSO and adding another wouldn't be of benefit unless it had a specific purpose.

Since Home Games were introduced it struck me immediately that they would provide the perfect means to create games for beginners or those with low bankrolls to play in play money games that weren't just "bun fights", to give those players a chance to actually hone their skills in ring games and MTT's that provided a decent standard of play without risking their minimal if existing bankroll.

I am therefore considering, if there is sufficient interest, creating a Beginners Home Game Club for novice players with little if any bankroll with ring tables and weekly scheduled tourneys of varying formats all in play money.

If sufficient interest is available and also sponsorship support from other members to enable the posting of monthly league prizes I would look to set this up to start in March.

Before going in to too much detail I thought it best to gauge what interest there actually would be.
    I would be interested in playing in such a Club
    42.50%
    I wouldn't be interested in playing in such a Club
    35.00%
    I would be willing to offer sponsorship to such a club
    1.25%
    I would not be willing to offer sponsorship to such a Clun
    21.25%

Great idea and count me in...however, I think it's going to be difficult to aquire enough members to make the effort worth your while...reason I say this is because I'm currently in six clubs...one has 40+ members but I haven't played any in that one because of my limited BR...two only have around five members each and there is no activity...Dan is making an effort in his club for new members with play money...there are several members in that one and had a decent turnout the other night...TARIQ is trying to help newbs with BR building by offering freerolls with real money payouts...he had a good turnout yesterday...JT in my opinion is going beyond generous in his club but the turnouts aren't anywhere near what they should be...perhaps it will change...time will tell...I say yeah get one started and I'll help in any way possible.

BULLS

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.