PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LA, Part 4, my last day...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA, Part 4, my last day...

Thursday, my last day in LA, it was actually sunny outside, so I decided to take a drive to the coast. I started out at Santa Monica and headed south through Venice and Marina Del Ray.

My intention was to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway, but parts of it were closed due to the mudslides. Those of you who bet I would only see the inside of the Commerce while I was there were almost right, but I did make it out one day. Of course once it got dark, I figured I might as well wrap up the trip by playing a little poker! :lol:

Great read Kaelaine - sounds like you had a GREAT time. I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to meet you on this trip (was at the PSO gathering at Harrah's Rincon, a few hours away). I hope to see you next time.

Shaky

Comment

A well-written, imaginative and witty trip report is always a treat to read.

Great jooeeerrrbbbbb!

Big "appreciative" Sissy

Comment

Great posts I read every word. Sounds like you got some good experience to help you out in the 25K. Good luck.

Comment

kaelaine,

Fascinating reads. I am turning over my trip report crown. I can't wait for the Bellagio event to be retold through your eyes - and of course hoping that you get to provide a first hand account of the final table 8)

You go girl,
          doe

Comment

K,

Great trip report, thanks! Why were you surprised by your quads? Don't you get quads every time you play? Sure seems so; it's even documented on video.

I probably would have been the one getting the penalty after screaming m*th*rf*ck*r at the dude that limped with AA UTG. People who do that ought to have "I limp with AA" branded on their foreheads. Let's agree to call that the "celebrity move", just to embarass the pros that do it too.

I loved the blow by blows. How did you retain such detail? Did you take notes?

Comment

Kaelaine,

I am just glad that someone from the mighty Tunica SUV was there for this. Let me join the chorus of people who say "You Freaking Rock!"

Great poker player, who writes great trip reports. I wish I could do either. Good luck, I am so looking forward to telling folks that I know the the hot redhead from TV :lol:

Bill

Comment

During the tournament, between hands, I was furiously scribbling notes in my poker book...several people asked me about it and I told them I would never be able to remember it all and wanted to give an accurate account to my buds back at pokerschool.

Comment

K, awesome report!!! Couldn't take my eyes off it till I read it all....WOW what an incredible experience this must have been for you to hit the jackpot, meet all the Pro's and famous people and to play in such a "big" tourney!!! You did fantastic!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.