PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harrahs WSOP Circuit at Rincon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrahs WSOP Circuit at Rincon

First off I would like to thank Mark, Tina and Sharla for helping me this weekend. I played in the Harrah's Rincon Worlds Series of Poker Circuit $550 buy-in No-Limit Hold'em tournament.

Starting chps 1500 50 min. levels first level 25-25. 223 total players.

I ended the first two levels with 3500 in after getting some very good cards early on. The third level saw me limp ug get raised then I reraised just the 1 player with AQ he reraised all-in and I folded. Level 4 was 75-150 and it folded to me in the BB I made it 350 to go. Flop came T83 he checked I bet 700 he called. Turn was a 6 he checked I bet his last 1800 and he folded. Last hand of the round the I raised to 450 in early pos. The same guy called flop came T94 I checked he checked turn was an 8 check-check river was an Q. I had AK he had KJ and rivered a straight. I played the hand poorly and should have bet the flop but I think he would have called and I also think he would have called a turn bet after picking up a straight draw. He only had about 1800 in chips left and the pot had 1125. So I ended the round with 5000 in chips average was 3500 and 100 players left.

During level 5 they brought a very good tricky player with a lot of chips to the table. Not a very good combo for me, but the last hand of level 6 he limped as did another I was in sb with TT I decided to just limp hope to spike a set and win a good size pot. If I dont flop a set I can get out cheaply. Well that didnt work because the BB raises from 200 to 800 the limpers fold, as my plan now didnt work I also fold and show my TT to the BB he shows KK. I end the level with 7500 in chips 5700 is avg. and there are 59 players left. Level 7 ends with me at 8300 7800 is avg 43 players left and 50 min. till dinner break.

At the end of level 8 ug limps at 200-400 50 ante I raise to 2000 it folds to him he calls. 5650 in pot we check it down TT784 board he had 55 and it now was the biggest pot I lost all day. I really believe if I bet he folds but I didnt have the balls. End of the level now saw me below avg for the first time. 7300 in chips 9900 avg 34 players left. After diner I think I was to tight I didnt attack the blinds because my stack was short but that was the wrong thinking. I was afraid to go broke and that is not good.

Finally we get down to 3 tables we are 7 handed it is folded to me in cut off I look at AJ 5600 in chips level is 400-800 100 ante so pot is already 1900 I move in get called by sb with KK and im done in 20th place. Tourney paid top 18 so I was almost on the bubble. The bubble was only 1000 and first was I think 38000 so I look back on it as the right move to try and be a factor in the tourney but a bad outcome.

All in all I think I played good early levels 1-6 to tight in the middle of the tourney levels 7,8,9 I needed to build my stack and I played a little tight post flop on a few hands. After I got short stacked and the pots started getting bigger I just didnt want to risk a lot of chips and thats not the way to make a final table. It was a great learning experience and after this tournament I can build on what PSO has thought me and next time win the darn thing

I played in 3 tourneys this week cashed in 2 and was on the bubble in the 3rd. 639 players i came in 51 and 203 players I came in 18th. I had a great time and believe PSO can teach you to be a good poker player. There is no substitute to live play. I am more aggressive online and need to learn how to do that live. I think the PSOC tourney's and leagues are a great way to teach that.

Thanks for listening........play well at the table every time.........

You cashed in 2 out of 3, almost in the other. Wow, what a result. Well done!

August

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.