PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foxwoods Daily Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxwoods Daily Tournament

I've been going to Foxwoods since they opened in 1993. What started as a small cardroom now has over 80 tables and is now busy day and night. I usually go once a week to play the side games but yesterday played my first live tournament in months.

With so many new players I often find myself at a table with no one that I recognize. There are many bright young players who do very well, but there are just as many "Travel Channel Players." These are the guys who stare you down in that cool way they learned on television and wear the funny costumes. One guy yesterday was wearing a ski hat with earflaps over his bronzed Oakleys. You gotta know he was a threat!

The tournament was a $100 (80+20) buy in starting at 10 AM. They sell it out at 250 players and when I got there at 8:30 I was 153d. You start with 2000 in chips and blinds are 25/25 ... so there is little immediate pressure.

I started slowly and after the first break was down to about 1300. I then went on a "sizz" and moved up to about 10,000 in
    seven hands. Around this time, in one circuit we saw AA three times, ... must be the Foxwoods Random Number Generator!!!

I built to about 20,000 when finally a player I knew was moved to my table. He was Howie Tolmann who won a WPF no limit event last year and was now seated to my right .He had nearly as many chips but didn't bother me because, knowing his style, I could raise him off of most of his hands.

Soon we were down to three tables,"Congratulations Players ... you have all made the money." At this time the shorter stacks went crazy and we were soon down to two tables. Howie was at the other table and I think he left in tenth.

I had been catching some hands and got to the final table in second place. I then went card dead. I went all in with a K8s. It was costing 17,000 each round and I was down to 22000 in chips, being vastly short stacked. It was only the second hand I played at this table, having folded the other one to a reraise.
    My caller had QQ and I was gone.

By now I had climbed to fifth place and received $1000 for my efforts. Woo...Hoo! Thank you PSO.

This was the last 10 AM tournament. Foxwoods will now have a daily 8 AM tourney with a $45 (30+15) buy in. Nobody knows why they are doing this, but considering my 1:45 drive I will sleep in.

Next stop is Las Vegas May 3- to June 9th.

bluechip
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.