PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alanleach wins at Mirage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alanleach wins at Mirage

Alanleach and myself (JDM) just returned from a successfull trip to Vegas. Last Thursday in the $200 buy in nlhe tournement at the Mirage, 72 entrants, Alanleach took 1st place and in excess of $5,000. I took 8th for $1,200. (We were both in for $400). We were both very excited.
    Again at the Mirage, on sunday night at the $300 buy-in nlhe (unlimited rebuys)-I was in for $700-52 entrants-I took 3rd and $3,900. It was a lot fo fun!
    I also played in 2 events at the Ultimate Poker Challenge at the Plaza-14th and 18th place-no money-some points but I don't think enough to qualify for the semi-finals. But again a lot of fun. I was at the same table with Barry Schulman and he was the first one eliminated on an absolutely horrible play. (I think he wanted either a lot of chips early, or to be gone to do other things). Other "names" were there, but Amir Vahedi was enjoyable to play with. PSO is really a good place to learn and improve!!

Congrats to both of you!!! Well done!

Comment

Congrats Both!!!!!

Bruce

Comment

JD,

You probably don't realize it, but I had a hand in your success.

If you recall, I put a terrible beat on you during an annual members' tourney last month. This beat obviously helped you bank some good luck which manifested itself in your steller performance in Vegas.

With that in mind, can I have a portion of your winnings?

Big "fair" Sissy

Comment

Many congratulations to both of you!! Awesome job - let's keep PSO in the news!!! :-)

Comment

Thanks everyone! And BigSissy-I just read your reply, and I remember that beat! Maybe it did help, but dang, I wish I had read this earlier-I done spent all the money!

Comment

Way to go both of you. Awesome job on back to back rebuy tournies. Perhaps you could share some insight on rebuy strategy in another thread, since the PSO event at the WPO will be a rebuy event. Not to mention this can be a cheap way to get into big buy in tournies on Poker Stars.

I know PSO & Bugsy are working on a rebuy tourney format, hope this comes along soon, so we can get some practice in for free (well PSO bucks).

Play with fire, you get burned

Comment

Congrats, way to go guys! :wink:

Always nice to see fellow PSO players do well & money in tourneys.

Hoping to see you both in Tunica.
                2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Rebuy strategy

Strategies in rebuy tournaments seem to vary widely. In the tournaments that I have played in the action(usually for the first hour, the rebuy period) is wild. Some players with lots of cash go allin fairly frequently to try to accumulate a big stack. Probably the most famous rebuyer in a tournament was Daniel Negranu at the $1,000 NLHE at the WSOP where I saw him rebuy at least 23 times. He came in third in the event which barely covered his rebuys. It should be noted that he won a $75,000 side bet that he could not rebuy 20 times in an hour. In these events there is usually an amount that you must be under in order to rebuy.

Me, being on limited budget go into these expected to do an add on at the end of the rebuy period and one rebuy max during the first hour. I play very tight until it gets past the rebuy period and then open up as the table evolves. There is definitely two different action episodes in the rebuy versus no rebuy periods.

I would advise those entering rebuy tournaments to expect to double or triple the original buyin as you plan on bankroll to be invested in these events.

I have only played in a few of these but those are my thoughts on this. JDM is quite expert in rebuy tournaments and he could comment on his strategy.

alan

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.