PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aruba Day 2 (continuation)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aruba Day 2 (continuation)

Day 2 continued. It's 2:00 PM and the $65 satelittes for the nightly $540 multi-table events are starting. I enter one of the 1st ones. I quickly meet several people who I have played online with. This is kind of like PSO Invitational Events, except there are 500 of us here! I am the 1st out of the sat when I make an agressive move with a small str8 and get called. Other guy makes the bigger str8 and I am out. Oh well, it is a satelitte. I play the next one and do much better. I got down to the short stack and decided I had "HAD ENOUGH" of them stealing from me. Every time they raise and I had ANYTHING I moved in on them. Finally someone called me when I was holding 10-8s. I flopped the flush and busted thier pocket Kings.....All Hail a Gus Hanson move. I contine playing super overagressive. I end up "chopping" it with a guy and so they hand me $270. I go to a third and end up 4th when a guy rivers a set to beat my flopped 2 pr. Oh well, that's poker. I am now up over $1300 for the 2 days and call it quits for the evening.

I head to the room and meet up with my wife and daughter. We change and go to the pool. This place is absolutly beautiful. You can see it at Radisons Aruba web page. We talk and enjoy the late evening warmth. WHAT a trip. It does not even matter at this point how well I do (or don't) in the main event. Just being here (free flight, room, etc) is a prize in itself. I don't think I would spend $345 a night for a hotel but Ultimate Bet did it for me!

I end the evening early even thought there are some JUICY games running in the Radisson's brand new poker room. So far I have seen and met a ton of poker pro's. My wife and daughter spent most of the day hanging out at the pool with Annie Duke and her kids and nanny.

If any of these posts some how motivate you to open and account with UB....make sure to tell them I sent you. My name there is CC5318 just like on every other site which I play on. I would love to spend some time at the pool and at the tables with you next year.

Glenn
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.