PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant'bry FallClassic $100 NLHE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant'bry FallClassic $100 NLHE

630 entrants, first place over 20K. Starting Chips 1000, 30 minute rounds. Entry paid for with PSO sponsorship points and I proudly wore my PSO cap.

My tournament went like this.

Level 1:

7-4o Fold
    10-2o Fold
    9-3o Fold
    5-2o Fold

Level 2:

7-4o Fold
    10-2o Fold
    9-3o Fold
    5-2o Fold

Yea, you get the picture - I didn't have one solitary playable hand the first two levels and was down to 900 in starting chips. I couldn't even make positional plays because there was a very, loose Asian lady two seats to my left who called EVERY raise, no matter what the size of it was and had built a stack. I was soooooo waiting to get into a hand with her, being as patient as I could.

Right at the start of the third level, I received 44 in the BB, and after posting the BB have 850. 3 limpers. I check it. Flop came 6 4 3 two diamonds. I check with the intention of moving in to any bet (in case anyone is drawing). Much to my surprise and delight the last limper moves all in for 725. I call after receiving a count and he shows 77 with one diamond. He's essentially drawing to 4 5's and 2 7's, not a lock, but definitely looking good to nearly double through. Turn was a King of diamonds. River was a 8 of diamonds and I am down to 125 in chips. Very next hand I get AQ of spades, 5 limpers, I move all in, all 5 limpers call (chance to get up to 750 if I win the hand). The flop looks good, two spades, but runner runner club comes and I am out fairly early in the tournament.

The day was not a complete loss however as I entered two sats, won one (I did a partial chop with the 2nd place finisher giving him $125 of the $550) and played some low limit hold em to kill some time with Jordan and netted about $40 there.

More to come on Thursday, hopefully with a better ending than today.

not to be rude or change the subjecft, but i thought the tourny had to have a buy in of 500 or more to use your points? am i wrong here? did it change?

good luck aaron........................... 8)

Comment

good question. What is the minimum amount? Just curious. I got a few months till Tunica and have to set my goals now
      Iambrant C.H.A.P.S.

Comment

the way I read the guidelines you can post either sponsorship points entries and live results both under this heading. Maybe I misread how to use this section.

Comment

the reply posters question was that he thought (as I also did) that you could only turn in sponsorship points for buy-ins of 500+. So how was the OP able to buy-in to a $100 tourny?

not that anyone cares, but if you can use them for a $100 buy-in, many more people will use them since it takes quite a bit longer to accumulate 500SP than 100SP.

I finished around 80th in this tourney. Got nutty the last hand before the antes started and moved all-in from the SB with KQo against two limpers to my right. Unfortunately one of them had AQ and I was dominated with no K's to come on the board. Should have saved my modest stack and kept waiting.

Any comments on the outrageous entry fees Canterbury is charging. I mean $25 entry on a $100 tourny. Thats a 25% juice!!! I think Daniel N. would have a hard time overcoming those odds.

Comment

As far as I can tell, the original question of how Aaron's $100 entry was paid through sponsorship points has never been answered.

It needs to be. Maybe Tina will let us know.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.