PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRE-TRIP REPORT??? (WPT Aruba)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRE-TRIP REPORT??? (WPT Aruba)

On Wednesday evening (22d of Sept) I leave for the World Poker Tour event in Aruba. I have already made the final table for the limit event and will play for that gold bracelet starting 3d out of 10 in chips only 14K behind the leader.

The No Limit Championship Event starts on Sunday the 26th. I am in "Flight 1" along with 172 others. There will be 19 tables starting across 3 days. On my day I have the follwing known players compteting with me (in Alphabetical order):

Ben Affleck
    Peter H Giordano (cashed in WSOP and a prior WPT final table)
    John Juanda
    Al K Krux (WSOP final table 5th place)
    Howard H Lederer
    Erick A Lindgren
    Erik Seidel
    David "Devilfish" Ulliot
    Paul Wolfe

So with 19 tables and 9 "celebs" I have just under a 50% chance of playing with one of them.

I am taking my new laptop with WiFi and Ethernet capabilities with me and will post updates if the Radisson has internet service.

Wish me luck!

Glenn

Good Luck Glenn, sounds like a blast and I'm sure you'll do great!!!

Hey, even if the poker gods frown on you and your aces fall to kings...you're still in Aruba!!!!

Fraze

Comment

I wouldn't sweat the first two on your list. There's also a lot of other good players in your flight that you've excluded. So, there's a very good chance that you'll be seated with at least one of them. Don't be concerned about who might be at your table.....Just play your game. I'm guessing by the start of the tournament, there'll be around 300 players per flight.

I'll be flying out on Monday (9/27) to start flight 3 the next day. I hope to be playing against you at the final table. Best of luck!

JCastle

Comment

Woooohooo!!! I am so excited for you! Good luck and bring home the money!!

Comment

Hey Glenn!!!

I will be thinking of you and sending you all sorts of cyberhugs and good wishes!! You have the tools you need to win this thing...so GO GO GO!!!!!

And remember, when you are stumped for an answer, not sure what to do, just think about my new signature, and proceed accordingly

Comment

Yes Jane....but I think flirting with the other male players to get them distracted may have the opposite effect!!!!!

LOL

I look forward to meeting you JCastle. My pic is on my profile.

Glenn

Comment

Well as much as I wanted to I didnt get a seat. So I won't be joining you fellows. HOWEVER.. some advice about the guys you listed...

John Juanda is a very steady player and nice guy... not too creative.. but good and solid.

Paul Wolfe and I play each other a lot in January in side games.. he will play ANY two cards and will talk you to death.. nice guy and is a lot of fun.. but he will mess with your mind by talking it up... playing any cards.. making you think he is nuts.. and then take your chips.. watch him like a hawk.. sit back and try to trap him.. my advice..

Krux, I have never played...

Howard of course.. good solid thinker and will almost always know every odd bet within 2 miles.. hehe

Lindgren... never played him...

Erik Seidel.. good solid and quiet most of the time.

Devilfish... solid but aggresive as you probably know.. if you can get him and Paul Wolfe at the same table.. sparks will fly.. that would be a great one.. add Negraneau (sp?) to the mix and that would be a ball....

Good luck.. enjoy.. say hi to Clowie... etc...

Comment

Thanks there Rick. I am now leaving for the airport. One last check of the list of players on my day shows David William (runner up WSOP) is now on my day.

I have about a 50 / 50 shot at playing with some big names! Dont know whether to be excited or ??????

I figure I will just "do what I do" and play MY game.

Thanks for your support and I will start a new post after my first day in Aruba!

Glenn

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.