PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

and now for some good news

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and now for some good news

thanks to mark tina and pokerschool i have just come back from my third trip down to london to play in a festival there

this time last year was my first trip when i met mark and tina
    i played ina 170 player event and got down to around 45th when my inexperiance at live play cost me dear and then my place in the event

in march i played in 160ish player PLHE event which was the PSO tour event i built up a nice stack before losing half of it with an AKs then watch the last PSO player movingabout bust in 36th so i got the PSO tour win before making a move on lucy rokach's BB from the SB with k4 to find her with K6 wwith which she flopped trips and i busted 35th

on thursday i entered the same event as last summer the £750 freezeout with a little more experaice both live and online and more knowledge thanks to PSO and PSO members both past and present

with 25 players left i got moved with an average stack onto a table full of aggessive pros and watched some horrendous BAD BEATS i ended the day on that same table with under 1/2 the average stack and 20 players still in
    2nd day and within 3 hands 2 players go out i get into the money and the best piece of luck ever my table gets broken up with most of the bigger stacks all getting drawn onto the other table

my plan at the start of day 2 was not to just blind into the money but to be agresive to build a stack and win the event but i had gotten into the money before i had a chance

on the new table i find AT from cut off and go all in and steal a round and from a MP do the same with 55
    this is a huge boost to my stack then a major hand on my table breaks out when i am BB UTG raises 2UTG reraises all in 3UTG reraise all in i fold and UTG folds showing JJ 2UTG turns over QT and 3UTG shows AK the QT wins but cripples the 3utg and hurts the UTG player while giving himself a huge stack

my next SB i made huge mistake puting in a pink 10k chip along with 5 1k chips thinking i was putting in 6k the BB reraise all in and i have to call with my ragged q8 for the 5k as i had already put in 15k

i got lucky for the first time in the event when he showed A8 and the board came Q high
    i then called all in when the 3utg player in the major hand was in BB and called my AQ raise from button with KQ and he went all in on a flop of ATx
    now i am sitting pretty with 2nd biggest stack on table 7 handed i find KK UTG i raise get reraised by the largest stack whom had the QT in the major hand i go all in before my chips get in the pot his are in and he flips AA

i made the money and went out fighting and with a little luck next time i might make the final table

ps i forgot to add the 3 UTG player was RAM from the hendon mob
    i was also lucky enough to knock out pard parkinson when after calling his bet on flop with an opened straight draw i turned the nut straight and we both check for him to river his inside baby straight which he went all in with leaving me to call with what i thought was a split pot when he annouced straight (due to the postions i was unable to see his hand when he flipped it till the dealer got out the way
    i was also unaware that for most of the first day i was sat playing with a WSOP braclet winner (this year) i only found out who he was when speaking to him at the bar the following day

Comment

congratulations ironside!!!!!!!!! a job well done...... 8)

Comment

Nice one my friend. Next time you'll hit it BIG.

yhtl
        The Chuckle :chuckle:

p.s. So are you representing England now ?!! :wink:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.