PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSOP Championship Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSOP Championship Event

This was also posted to Daniel's page and Jennifers for input on the final hand.

Hi all,

Here I am back at home, after my first WSOP Champ Event. They say when you bust out of "The Big One" it is the worst day of the year for you. They are right!

Here is what happened:

I was on table #4, with 7 online players and 3 unknowns. For the first 6 hours we basically pushed the 100K on the table around. Just before the dinner break, I trapped a Swedish online player with the nut flush. When he bluffed at the pot, putting me all-in, I gladly called and was at 19,200. About 5 min before the break, we busted the 1st player off our table.

After the dinner break things started getting mixed up. The blinds were 100-200 and the ante's were 25. You would be suprised how the ante mentally effects you when you have to put them in before every hand. It is much different from online. We quickly busted out 3 players (including the Swede from earlier) and they moved 3 stack's, all over $20K to our table.

Just as we went to level 5, this hand came up. I was on the button with 99. All folded to me. I raised and made it 600. The SB called (which he had been doing nearly every time I position raised) and the BB called. The flop came 9 A Q rainbow. (I flopped a set!)

I check, the SB bets $2K, the BB folds. I immediately moved all-in for my remaining $7,500. The SB nearly beat me in to the pot.

I turned over my set. He had two pair, Aces and Queens.

WONDERFUL, I had him drawing to 4 outs (2 Aces or 2 Q's) for a double through! Woo HOO!

The burn is down....and on the turn the death card comes off...........Q! Giving us both a full house, mine being the smaller. The case 9 did not hit the river and out I went, 8 hours in to the tourneyment.

If I had it to do over again....I would have played it the same. I belive I was about a 10 to 1 fav for all my chips (4 help him, the unknown 43 help me)....not a bad deal.

What weekend! Was the best, and worst, weekend of my 16 years in poker. I got to meet some famous people, Actor James Woods, Announcer Mike Sexton from the WPT, Phil Ivey, Annie Duke, and Andy Bloch. And I saw LOTS of others. Scotty Nguyen, Sam Farha, Johnny Chan, Howard Lederer, Doyle Brunson, Minh Nguyen, DevilFish Ulliott (actually stood by him on the rail for like 5 minutes before I realized it was him), TallPhil, Chris "Jesus" Ferguson, Paul Darden, Erik Sidel, and a few others who I cannot recall at the moment.

Thanks to all you for your encouragement. I will see you at the tables!

Great post and great performance at WSOP.

The hand you busted out on was very similar to one posted by Baud Beat last week:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/pok...pic.php?t=9114

Unfortunately, you hand turned out the same way. I'd be thrilled to get my money in on that hand. What can you do when someone draws out on you like that?

Shaky

Comment

Congrats Glenn

As I said in my trip report post. It was a pleasure meeting you and your Dad. I know you had a great time and maybe we will run into each other at another one.

Take care,

Otldoc
      Mike

Comment

WTG CC5318.
        Getting your money in with the best of it. You know you did it right and that makes you feel ok but it still hurts a bunch when you lose.
        Great effort. Great to just walk in the door on day one. It would send chills up my spine. Hope to see you there next year.

David

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.