PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hilton PSO Tourney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilton PSO Tourney

Oh boy...........what a day.

I had a lot of fun meeting many of you. The tourney was a total disaster for me.

1st and 2d levels (45 min each) I had ONE playable hand! (pocket 10's) AND every time I attempted a steal from the button to maintain my stack, I got raised! (DOH!)

So after the break I pick up pocket Jacks. I raise and take down the blinds. My stack (which started at 800) is now at a whopping 575. About 4 hands later, in late position, I raise with Ad Kd, one caller (SB) and all other fold. I flop a K on a rainbow board and move the rest of my stack in. My lone oppenent calls and shows pocket Aces. Out I go in about 135th spot.

The good news is, I won all the money I needed for the buy in playing ring games and one satelitte.

It has been a LONG time since I went 2 hours with only one playable hand. I knew things were not looking good when I got Q8s and it started looking playable....LOL.

As T.J. Cloutier says, "That's Poker". And really, I cannot complain. In the last 19 days I have won 2 tourneys and a seat in to the WSOP. What I figure is, I have made so many withdrawals from the "card bank" to win those tourneys, my account needs a break before I started picking up plenty of playable hands again (the math is catching me!).

Good luck to all, and I hope to see you at the PSO event at the WSOP.

Glenn (the cop)
    CC5318
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.