PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My WPO & Grand America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My WPO & Grand America

Wow, what a trip that began on January 5, 2004.
    I started a winner when I went to get the results of my pulmonary catscan. The mass that showed on my lungs in December was not a major problem (just an inflamed nodule). Now I could go play poker at my favorite venue.

Renewed some old friends and met some new ones. What a great bunch of people at PSO!

My play in the PSO event was labored since I had few opportunities to gather chips before the blinds became serious. I had no action on my big hands. I had no hands that pulled me to go for the gusto once I was involved. My consolation, I played well and made no major mistakes.

The Sunday, NLHE event went about the same as my PSO event. One thing tho, I started in the 5 seat with TJ Cloutier in the 8 seat and Lamar in seat 2 (a Pro that everyone seamed to know) on my table. I re-raised him on a couple of hands and he sure has a good memory (we played a WPO event in 2001 at the same table). He remembered when I beat him with AA vs AK then. My KK raise caused him to fold this year. He also made a comment about my play after one of the others lost a hand to me. I was wearing my PSO hat & T-shirt. He says, "Just because he wears a hat and shirt from Pokerschool doesn't mean he doesn't know how to play." I think the respect that he showed to PSO & me gained me a few laydowns from other players. I did manage to get my chip stack up to T1800 before I went chip dead for four rounds. I hung on until I busted in the 250-255 player range.

I played 6 events at the Grand America. I will not go into details but I made two money (final tables). I took 5th in the Seniors NLHE for $2646.00 and 3rd in the PLO for $1545.

My early demise in one NLHE tourny was overplaying a pocket 9's when a face card hit the board on the turn. Lesson learned, nuff said.

I had late finishes on two other events, but was caught between a rock and a hard place.
    One instanced I had a maniac on my right with a big stack (playing 75% of the hands and catching everything) with Men "the Master" on my left coming up with big hands when I was involved after the maniac was out (limit hoildem event).

The other was the $1000 buy in NLHE and getting a stack up to T22,000 and having a T120,000 stack on my right and T150,000 stack on my left. One of these guys always tended to put me all-n when I chose to play. I had no pocket pairs and had to play all-ins with AK, AQ, & AJ hands for survivals. My luck finally ran out with the blinds at 3k/6K for my last 8K while UTG all-in (Ad,Qd) and the big stack on my left folded and I was called by the BigStack on my right in the small blind (Ks, Tc) and he caught a K on the flop and I didnot help.

Hey Marion,

Congratulations on your in the money finishes. It was a pleasure to meet you.

`My brother was at the Grand when the Bad Beat Jackpot was hit. I would've had a share in it, but I left the day earlier. He made $650 just for being there.`

Take care,

~Sean.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.