PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding Marisa...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Marisa...

Some time back, I had the priviledge of meeting Marisa during a PSO tourney. She was using the nick Hold43786 or something like that. Marisa. She lives in Florida, but was born in Switzerland. Has two little baby girls who are just as cute as buttons. We struck up an immediate friendship, and were soon emailing each other and sharing little bits of our life. I suppose her being the age of my youngest son gave me a little feeling of mothering...or perhaps it was just cause she is so nice Either way, I was so very excited when she told me she was going to be in Tunica.

She only had two nights and one full day to spare...being the first time she had left Mia and Ciana. I certainly understood that, so we just agreed to pack as much poker into that time frame as we could.

I was in the bar at the Strike with the RUDIE/INDY BOB POST WEDDING PARTY when she walked in. I had left a message at the front desk cause I didn't want her wandering around alone. ( even tho she had assured me she came to the US alone at age 18 and was completely capable of managing )Anyway, she walked in and we recognized each other immediately. Funny how that works..

The PSO tourney was her very first live poker. She finished somewhere around the middle of the pack, which I thought was an excellent finish given all the pitfalls that can beset a new player. I was able to glance over to her table during the tourney and give her the thumbs up/ down to see how she was faring. I did see her laughing and smiling alot, so I knew she was being successful. Cause that is what poker is about ultimately.

After she busted, she headed up a little cheering section for me. And stood there for about 3.5 hours while I finished. Now...WOW. I was so very thankful and proud to have her there smiling and cheering. Thanks, Kid

Saturday night, we met up at Sams Town with Bart M, Debonair and Scott, ( lite2002 who had just finished chopping the PSO event...) Five of us sat in a brand new 4-8 hold'em game. This was also Marisa's first ring game. And even tho she and I both lost a rack, she played an excellent game. It was like she had been playing for years! She knew when to act, never seemed puzzled or confused. And I have played many times with new players, and they invariably don't know when the action is on them, how much the blinds are, etc. She was just a PRO, baby!! We had a ton of laughs, and eventually moved most of our money down to Debonair. I hope he puts it to good use! During the course of the evening, we ran into the 'Goddess, TheMoron, TonyD. They added to the fun of the evening!

After the live game, we headed back to the Strike, and said our goodbyes for the time being. I felt a little empty after she left, but one thing I do know for sure..I have a son in Orlando, and Florida is on my travel agenda alot. So watch out, Marisa!!

Your friend..
    NewJane

Jane...you didn't happen to get a pic of her biting into a sandwich did you?

The thought of those beautiful teeth ripping through some nice bread and luncheon meat just sends my mind racing.

Wow...that doesn't sound to weird does it?

Big "Teeth Man" Sissy

Comment

You better not forget to tell ME when you come to Orlando again, cant wait to see you again....and I too think Marisa is one of the nicest people out there, would love to meet her too.

Bruce

Comment

My dear friend Jane, you make me cry!!!!!! Thank you so much for showing me around and making me so comfortable on the poker table in Tunica, for introducing me to EVERYONE, and for taking me on as "your project"! You are truly a wonderful person, and I am so glad to have met you! And oh, if you are in Orlando visiting your son and will NOT be coming to visit me, I WILL be offended :-)

Marisa

PS. I will no longer post a "Marisa-blind" at the next ring game!!

Comment

Nice reports, Janie and Marisa.

I would have loved to have been there to meet you and the rest of the gang. Dang, to miss out on so much fun and great people, and then to have to wait a whole year for it to come round again. Oh well, I will just have to make it doubly fun next year to make up for it.

You two be forewarned, though - wildbill is working on a new greeting. LOL!

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.