PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly game structure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly game structure

Hi guys! I've been playing pretty much every week live poker with my friends. It's a standard tournament ( 1500 chips ) with $10 buy-in and $10 rebuy (for 1 hour) and blinds every 15 min. It's usually a weak field,A LOT of limping, lack of knowledge about odds and outs, short stack shoves usually only happens when 3-4BB ( instead of the standard 10BB shove ). But the prize structure is kinda weird, the 1st place prize is much more than the 2nd. Usually there are 6-9 players. For example, if there are 6 players, the second place only gets $10 and the first gets $40 and all the rebuys go to the first place as well. If there are 9 players, it would be $10-$20-$60 ( and all the rebuys to the first place ).So even if u get HU in the end, u'll not cash that much if you end up second. It still profitable to play with this structure ? How different should I play ? If you guys have any others advices to play the kinda player I mentioned before I would aprecciate. Thanks ! umbup:

If you're one of the best players in the game then obv. it's profitable. I would play this like it's a winner take all event and go strictly for 1st place at all times, since that's basically what it is. If you get your money back for 2nd or what not consider that a consolation prize but never let it factor into your decisions I'd say.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

With Dave 1000% here fp...this is a "bink or bust" structure. Go for the win every time.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.