PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First timer..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First timer..

Hello All,
    MY trip report is from the last four days in Las Vegas..
    I played in my first live tourney this week at the Orleans
    $50 buy in with $5 extra chips at entry..There were 97 entries
    to the tourney .As my idol Indy Bob instucted me ,I played tight and played aggressive when I hit the right cards.I came in 19th with the 17 th position in the money..I was happy to get my feet wet and 19th of 97 players made me feel decent
    about my tourney play..
    Live action,I sat for two sessions [first session was 6 hrs at the 2 / 4 table...came out $66 ahead...feeling good ..played a while ,had a ball and still had money when I left the table..
    Second session was a little longer[app.8 hrs.] still came out ahead by around $200...Table was fun playing at low stakes as the table was loose...Players actually talked and smiled throughout the nite....
    Was a blast even though I went with non gamblin' friends...
    Wished I got to play more but a mans got to do what a woman tells him to.[at least I got to play a little]
    Foxwoods is not far ...so on I go

Thanx for Listening
    Ron

Hey Ron!

Sounds like you had a great time and that's a fantastic first time finish!

I KNEW you should have gotten into the Foxwoods event with us.

But we need to talk about this 'idolizing Indy_Bob' thing you have going. :lol:

See you at the tables.

Comment

WAY TO GO, Ron!! Sounds like you did very well! 19th out of 97 is GREAT. Glad you had a good time! Sorry I couldn't make it up there, but I got wrapped up in some unexpected things here in AZ. Keep up the good work, and Rudie and I can't wait to see you again. I'll try and call you real soon!
      Oh,,,and there are MANY who would say you could have a better choice of "idols"! LOL Love you, MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.