PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Games

What's up guys ! I've been playing poker intensively since January ( 2012 for sure ). I've read some books ( mainly from David Sklansky ), read a lot of articles, studied a lot of the mathematics of poker, and watched a lot of videos from the PSO ( mainly the theorical ones from TheLangolier, which are great btw ). Always when I can I run my games on "Universal Replayer" to see what I did wrong. And I'm also grinding my bankroll ( from zero ) here on Poker Stars. I was thinking about start playing poker live as well. Of course it wouldn't be at Monte Carlo lol. I live in a city with 200,000 people, and there is a $10 tournament ( with rebuy and add-on ) every Monday. But I've only played poker live at home games. I wanted to know u guys opinion about what kind of opponents I would find there. Would they be tougher than the one's I play here on the Micros and on the PSO League ? Can anyone that play live games give me some insight or some tips ? Thanks umbup:

***moved to better fitting section JWK24***

Hi fp_boss!

I've never played that small of a buy-in, nor a rebuy live.

The majority of the $30-60 buy-in games I've played in Vegas have been fairly weak, but do have some better players. The $50/week league had some great players in it.....

There are probably going to be some fish in it, but there will be some better players too. A big help for me is to pick up every bit of info you can get from the opps.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.