PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSOP Circuit structures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSOP Circuit structures

Hi does anyone know where I can find information on the structures of the various circuit events? I've tried going to the website and looking at the specific tournament then go to the structure tab, but none of the ones I looked at have the structures available.

I'm specifically trying to find the structure for the heads up events

Thanks for your help

Hi UM Pharm!

Which tournies from which circuit are you looking for? Normally the structures are put out there somewhere between 2-4 weeks before that particular circuit starts..... at least that's the way that it's been for the three that I've played in.
    As an example, the ones I've played were $300+rake events (winner gets a wsop ring) and all of them had a 10k starting stack and started with 40 min levels (level timing then went up to 50, then 60 min each later in the tourney).

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'm planning on playing in a few of the Harrah's New Orleans events, which aren't posted yet. I've played in 2 of the $300+ $40 ring events (actually won the second one woo hoo) and both had similar structures, so I was going to see if I could find a structure for the heads up tournaments to see if I would be interested in playing that the next time one is offered in my region. Its not really urgent as I still have a little over 2 months before the tournaments begin, I was just trying to decide whether I would rather branch out and play the HU tournament or the PLO/8 tournament, and then start reading up a little on each.

Comment

Congrats on the win.umbup: From being in basically that same event other places, I know from experience that it's NOT easy to win one. They are fun to play in though.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks I appreciate it. Are the formats for events the same from location to location (like with all of the 300+40 2 day tournaments have the same blind structure at each stop)? I would imagine they are, but I'm trying not to make bad assumptions

Comment

Hey UM Pharm! I played in one of the 2-day ones at Horseshoe Hammond last fall that had 3001 entrants (Dave, TheLangolier) played in it with me too. I have looked at the structures for a couple others of the 2-day ones... they were the same. The structures in St Louis have been the same as Hammond, as those are the locations that I've played in before (sister's a PharmD in St Louis), so I could visit and stay with her when playing in it. Good luck in New Orleans.umbup: John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the help John

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.