PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Canterbury Tales..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Canterbury Tales..

Converging on Canterbury

What do you get when you mix 14 PSO members, 40-some poker tables, and beer?

You guessed it: FUN!

Let me give them all honorable mention before I proceed. In no particular order: Shooter, Geemerboy, Hazyone, MuzzeyJ, JMuzzey, Idoru99, 57Sauce, Andrew, FIGuy, Win4Win, Zeroth, SailorMoe,Wildbill41, and myself. Oh, we actually did run into SDKid, but not sure he is still with PSO. But it was nice to see him again! Some of these folks drove LONG distances to attend, and it was just more than great to see everyone!
    A very special THANKS to Mike ( Idoru99) for inviting this ragtag bunch of poker players to his home in Eden Prairie. 12 of those 14 met on Friday night, Oct 3 for a little Pre-Fall Classic PSO Blowout Satellite Games and Snacks and Beer. Thanks to his wife, Linda, the treats were great! Most of us gorged ourselves on brats, chicken, pumpkin cake and all sorts of chips and dips, and of course, BEER for Wildbill. Their cats are adorable- Elvis and Alley- (I didn’t have the pleasure of
    meeting the other cat)- and took an immediate liking to our very own ZEROTH, who in his own right is just a big old teddy bear. It was a bit difficult to tear him away from the feline attention long enough to play the first of two satellites we
    played.

Now, being as we were all bankrolled pretty hefty for the upcoming weekend of tourneys and live games, we decided to play for the BIG BUCKS. $3 each buy-in for the first satellite, and since Wildbill and Company had not arrived yet, we played 8-handed. And we each dealt in turn as the button moved around the table. Oh, by the way, the poker table was HOME MADE by Mike and Linda, and was just AWESOME!! I have played on alot of tables over the years, and this one ranks up
    there with some of the finest. Great job, guys!

Well, with that sort of money at stake, we decided to split the first tourney two ways, so Sailor Moe and yours truly each walked away with a whopping $12.

I decided to sponsor our old friend and ex-PSO’er THEHAZYONE in the second tourney, in which the stakes went up substantially to $5 per buy in. DO the math: I invested over 50% of my $12 win ( minus my original $3 buy in, and you can see I almost LOST money by chopping with Sailor Moe!) Anyway, at this point, I was still in a stupor over the huge win I had just experienced, so I decided to sit out and even offered to deal the tourney. The guys jumped at that offer, and so there were ten players in the second satellite, as Jen also decided to just sweat Jay. After about
    half hour of CONSTANT and I do mean CONSTANT “dealer abuse” by above mentioned players, I decided to hand the baton off to Zeroth who had busted earlier and had tired of playing with the kitties. So, I left the tourney, and left Mikes a short time later to get some shut eye in preparation for the next day’s tourney.

I might as well have stayed at Mikes! Out of a field of 303, I finished 160th in the Limit Hold’em. Well, Ok, Limit Holdem is NOT my strong game. And on Sunday, I hung on to finish 90th out of an even larger field of entrants in the NLHE. Thank
    goodness that Jen Muzzey stuck around to finish 10th!!! She made us all so very proud. And I imagine that ride back to Chicago with Wildbill and Jay must have been a real riot! I hope you gave them heck, Lady!

Kudos to ZEROTH for a fine 17th place finish in the $200 buy in Limit Hold'em on Monday Oct. 6. By this time, I think everyone from out of town had returned home, leaving just the locals. I had a chance to see Shooter and Idoru a time or two before I left, as well as ZEROTH, who was headed to Reno!

Well, I could drone on and on about who had this and who had that, but quite frankly, I had no remarkable experiences other than in the NLHE tourney when I had a BRACELET BOY on my immediate left. It said : WPO 2003 on it. And right after
    the first break, I busted him when he re-raised my AJ suited when I was on the button with his A9 offsuit. He obviously didn’t know about the NEWJANE hand! So that was the highlight for me in that tourney! Well, other than sticking around to see Jen sweep to the top TEN!!! You rock, girlie!

Mostly I wanted to share the experience of getting together for poker and fun with PSO friends. It is always great to see you guys! And with the Cubs in the playoffs, it was a wonderful combination of Poker and Baseball. It don’t get any better than that!
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.