PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlanta September 27

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta September 27

Howdy, fellow PSO'ers!!!
    A group of us from the school, who happen to live in Georgia, got together Saturday for a friendly little game.
    We convened at the lovely home of the lovely Kaelaine (thank you for putting up with us!!).
    There were six of us in total: Kaelaine, Bart M., Big Bo (for whom a certain kind of flop has been nicknamed), Sea Dog, Boomer55 and Kivy1102. Several members did not make it, but there will be other opportunities in the future.
    We played 2/4 limit hold'em, and though there was no set rule, we all bought in for $100. The six of us played for about six or seven hours, and then with the departure of Sea Dog and Boomer, the remaining four continued on for about another hour. All told, I lost $28...which in this crowd is not too bad!!! :-)
    A lot of discussion of poker, and a wealth of enthusiasm for the convention coming up in January!!
    Sorry, no digital camera was present, but I took a couple of old fashioned ones, and when they are developed, I will try to get them scanned in.
    It was really fun, and we have even come up with an acronym for our group: Poker in Georgia...or PIG!!!
    For those of you who did not make it this time...we will see you next time. And for those who live in border states or will be passing through, let us know when next we post a day and time for a game, and we'll put you on the list.
    I had a great time!! Let's do it again!
    Plant y'all now, dig y'all later!
    -David "Bart M." Bartlett

Great job on getting people together and having some fun in GA. And I really like the the name 'Pokerschoolers in Georgia' I will cling to the idea that the Hula Pig that Kaelaine took home from Tunica gave y'all the idea and that whenever you guys get together you will hoist a beer and think of me, a pig no matter what State I happen to be in.

Bill

Comment

Bart..
      Sounds like the PIG's had a great time !!! You have inspired me to find a "name" for the PSO'ers in the Dakotas-Minnesota.

Part of what makes PSO so awesome is the friendships we form. Isn't it great to have friends living right in your community you wouldn't have met had it not been for PSO???

Thanks for the report! Wish I could have been there!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.