PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO pays for itself ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO pays for itself ...

This evening I played my first live in person poker game in 20 years. It was a home game with low limits, but with weird extended games with pitches, pushes and the like. The last hand shaped up as a big one. It was a variant of ho-lo 5-card stud with a pitch. I made my 8-7 low and stuck with it along with 2 apparent low drawers, 2 high drawers and a possible swing hand drawing up to an A-5-4 diamonds. All the other hands were drawing up as well and none got any apparent help accept the swing hand caught a 6 hearts apparently beating my low.

There were still more betting rounds (before and after the hi-lo declaration) and it was not going to be cheap since one of the highs folded leaving the other to squeeze the lows.

At that point I studied the holder of the other low hand, who had been getting good cards, playing well and winning all evening. There he was with his right hand over his mouth and staring straight ahead clearly unwilling to glance in my direction. It was a classic tell straight from the Book of Tells, a book that I read here at PSO. So I went all the way with my 8-7 and, sure enough, the 6 had paired up and a got 1/2 the pot.

That hand alone turned me from a $15 loser to a $10 winner for the night and, given the wierd games, I was pretty pleased with that result. In fact, Caro's book came into play earlier when I used a tip from it to help inspire two additional callers to a winning boat that I had drawn on the last card of a 7-card stud like game.

So PSO probably helped me do about $30 better than I would probably have done otherwise. That pays for my first two months right there. Such a deal!
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.