PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Jaunt to Tunica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Jaunt to Tunica

Was going to a convention in Memphis last week - so went a day early to Tunica. Stayed and played at the Horseshoe. Needed to play 5 hrs. to get the room for $25. (Nice room, btw). Played first a 2 hr. session of 4-8 HE. Got up $206. There were not too many pre-flop raises. Broke for dinner. Poker room manager was very nice insofar as comping my meal (wife also). Came back for 2nd session, 3 hrs. - gave 'em back $175.( Seemed to be a lot more pre-flop raises.) Generally costed $8 to see flop. Next day went up the road to the Grand. Played in 10 AM tourney. Paid $5 fee, $30 buy-in, $40 re-buy. Placed 21th out of 28. OK for first b&m tourney, I suppose. Came back to the 'Shoe later that night-played 2-1/2 hrs., won back $160. Net profit for trip: $75. Hey - I'm happy!
    :lol:

room at the Horshoe - 25 dollars
    meal at the Horshoe - Free
    profit for the trip - 75 bucks.

Playing poker on a business trip - priceless.

Congrats. It's always more fun to win on the road.

--Scott

Comment

Yeah - it was great. Not really a business convention - but that's off topic. Forgot to mention. 'Shoe had like 13 tables going strong. Only had to wait 10 min's to sit down. Also - got free breakfast buffets - no prob. Heard that they had a pot limit HE game - but didn't see it.

Comment

Hey, congrats on a decent first b&m tourney!!

Also, if there is any place on earth that is better to Poker players than Tunica, I have not found it.

Glad you had a chance to go!!

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.