PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event#3 O8b

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event#3 O8b

May 30, play begins and I have 7 big bets at the blinds 500/1000 playing 1000/2000. I think I'm at the table of death. Here are the players I recognize and the seats. Anne Duke (about 30K) in seat 2. Todd Brunson (20K) in seat 3. seat 4 unknown (17K). Me (14.1K) seat 5. Seat 6 Unknown (40K+). Seat 7 Max Pecatori (25K). Seat 8 Matt Savage (30K+). Seat 9 unknown (20K). Looks like I might be in for a short day if I get unlucky.

The first hand I play is from the bb [AsKsJd2d) and I call a one unit raise and we see the flop 6 handed.
    Flop [5,7,J]rb and I lead into the field to see were I'm at with TPTK, NLD. I get three callers. The turn pairs my 2 and I lead into the field with my 2 pair and get two callers. The river brings the J and I fill up. I lead again and get one raise and a call. I call hoping my full house holds (I've seen them raising on Nut lows. So I can;t fold to a one unit raise when I close the betting. I ¾ the pot against 2 nut lows. I battle through the levels and get up to 20K and back to 10K a few times. About 5 minutes before the dinner break the bubble burst. I have about 28K stack and we go to get something to eat. When we get back I play with a little more freedom and get my chips stack up to 58K. I play a another hour at table 69-5 before they break our table with 81 players remaining. I'm moved to another table where I'm the short stack with and average stack 52K (tournament avg is 48K). This turn out to be a bad table for me. There is usually 3 bets pre-flop and it's now blinds 1.5K/3K playing 3K/6K. I have 8 big bets. I miss flops and lose one pot when my draw misses. I'm down to 3.5K stack. UTG I have to go for a pot odds shot to double up. I push in with [2235] double suited. I when the high with pair 2's. And my [2,3] beats and [A,4] for low. I triple up to 10.5K. That doesn't last after I fold my blinds. I pick up a hand in the cut-off [A4TK] double suited and raise FTA. The bb puts me all-in and I miss all my draws and finish 69th for $3796.00 payout. I'm disappointed about not making the final table, but thankful I worked my short stack long enough to get in the money. I managed to maintain an average stack most of the day. I want to thank Pokerpages FreeSchool for the opportunity to represent them this second time at the WSOP. Tomorrow I attach the Event #5 PLO-$1500. I'll be resting up and playing a little poker and reading “Check-Raise the Devil” Mike Matusow. I wasn't going to buy any books on this trip but decided to get an autographed copy at spur of the moment. I read Mike's section on O8b tournament strategy in the Fulltiltpoker Tournament strategy book and used lots of the advice in my play this week (credits to Mike for the help).

WTG Marion, Nice showing with a small stack and all those sharks.

Noel

Comment

YOU ARE MY HERO DUDE
      SERIOUSLY
      NICE FRIGGIN JOB

Comment

Best of luck on the PLO event tomorrow.

Comment

very nice, keep the reports coming

Comment

Once again Congrats Marion, and good luck in the PLO.

Jim

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.