PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO UK TOUR – New Information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO UK TOUR – New Information

PSO UK TOUR – UPDATE

Hi All,

I read a few weeks ago that PSO were willing to have a TOUR EVENT in the UK. In fact I believe one of our members was trying to arrange something and then dropped away. I am not sure if anyone else is handling this now but I took the liberty to make some enquiries and today I received this email reply from Simon Trumper – Incidentally Simon has been a well known UK professional poker player for many years.

Simons Reply:
    --------------------------------------------------------

Hi Steve

We can do this for you but as we do not open during the afternoons we would have to charge a corporate rate per head for your members only event which may be probitive.

It would be far more cost effective to have an exclusive event in the evening.

Your members could either play our Friday £75 or Saturday £50, we have a unique system on our website that records each players finishing position.

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/fullresults.php?id=371

The cost of a private event in the afternoon would be £35 per player apart from 27th September when we could do a reduced rate of £10 per player as we have another private event here that day.

Buffet per player would be £7.

Accommodation

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/accommodation.php

Club Registration

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/join.php

We do not allow private cash games but if there were 9 players and they started a game then unless a seat came free it would remain your players only , alternatively they can have private STT's

The only suitable date in September would be 26th - 27th; alternatively you could come 10th - 11th or 17th - 18th October.

Regardless of whether you are able to hold an event here I hope you will pop in and see us when you are back visiting your family.

Cheers

Simon Trumper
    Live Poker Director

Dusk Till Dawn Ltd.
    Redfield Way
    Boulevard Retail Park
    Lenton
    Nottingham
    NG7 2UW

07831 871699
    strumper@dtdpoker.com

--------------------------------------------------------

As I see it we have two choices now,

1) If someone is already trying to arrange an event on behalf of PSO in the UK then they are free to use this info in any way they see fit or not.
    2) We can arrange these ourselves now and although it is short notice and even though we may not have a big turnout, it would at least enable us to get this PSO UK TOUR EVENT off the ground and we can build on it in future years.

I would suggest that the next move regardless of who arranges this is for anyone who can SERIOUSLY make this event/date post here. I will help to get it off the ground.

I can play Friday or Saturday night.

I look forward to your comments (Including AL and Tim), but please remember two things:

1) We don't have long to arrange and confirm so no messing around
    2) I am just trying to help.

Right, I look forward to your comments.

Steve

I am dissapointed that no one from the UK even bothered to reply to this - probably the reason the other guy gave up?

However, I will bimp this once and reply to Simon on Wednesday (day before I leave for the UK) informing him if there will be any PSO players attending or not.

If anyone just wants to meet up for a game whilst I am in the UK then just PM me before Thursday.

Steve

Comment

Hya Steve.....saw this few days back and was just mullin' things over while waitin' for other responses.

Anyway.....i've deicided i'm out for this year as its bit late in the day and my priorties have shifted somewhat from a few months ago...........next year and from then on will be lookin' to do it every year for at least 4-5 years so hope i can help in building something good up over in the uk/europe.

Good luck with this year!

Daz.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I don't think many players read the Forums that thoroughly at the moment

I would be very interested, as I have never played Live before

I couldn't afford anything expensive and would probably only stay over one night

Thanks for the info

Ady

Ps I will also post a link to this thread under my CALLING UK PLAYERS thread

Comment

Steve,

You said in your post:

I would suggest that the next move regardless of who arranges this is for anyone who can SERIOUSLY make this event/date post here. I will help to get it off the ground.
          as such I didn't reply, I'm going into Hospital on Thursday(4th) and am not sure when Ill be available for anything!!!

Sorry if you didn't get any replies, may I suggest a bit more notice in future

Cheers

Tony

PS I been a member of the above mentioned club for months, just in case

Comment

Hi Guys,

Ok, let’s kick this off by conceding that it is too late to arrange this now.

I believed someone else was handling this and then it just nosed dived, so a few weeks ago I contacted the club and only got the reply back a few days ago – hence the short notice on my side. Nevertheless, in spite of no official PSO event in the UK this year, if anyone wants to travel up for a night’s poker (play their local Friday/Saturday tournament) then just send me an email: stevemcdonagh@hotmail.com – don't worry I will protect you from those rough midlanders with their outside toilets

Thanks for replying.

Steve

PS: Hope your hospital visit works out well Tony

Comment

I think we need more time to canvass for UK players. I am sure there are many PSO members who do not realise there are a reasonable number of UK players

I did try and compile a list but very few replied to my request

I think the main problem is that many players do not use the forums

Comment

I don't wish to derail the thread but I must right a wrong here:

East Midlands - Outside Toilets

West Midlands - Tin Baths

Stafford - Neither

Nottingham - Crime capital of Britain - in fact if we had the armory the Notts gangs have we would have sorted Iraq out inside a week!

Thanks

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by tdal

Stafford - Neither

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

ROFL

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.