PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO on Tour Las Vegas Part II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO on Tour Las Vegas Part II

Monday: I get up at 6:30 am, Who in the world schedules a tournament in Vegas at 9:00 am?, shower and head upstairs to the Madi Gras Ballroom, home of the famous PSO tournaments. I register and draw seat 5, table 5, which will be my home for all of the tournaments I play, is that good or bad?, we shall see. Its a slow start for me and a fast finish, my KK run into AA after the first break. I play in the 7 pm tournament and my KK runs into AQ after the second break which cripples me and I am out on the next hand. Don't you hate it when someone says "I shouldn't call this hand" and proceeds to do just that arggghh. Called it a night. I did have mucho fun playing and meeting everyone. We had a dealer named Tommy who kept the game going while everyone tried to wake up.

Tuesday: Up at 6:30 am again, I thought I was on vacation, I slept in longer at home. Off to the H.O.R.S.E tournament. I was looking forward to playing this and had been practicing each of the games for a month. I took second after chopping with Bushman and The Counsler. I felt very good about my play, even though I sucked out on Tropican's queens toward the end, I hate those "bitches" too. Later I went out to dinner with Tex, her hubby and Leeman at Prime Rib Loft it was very good. Went to bed with a smile on my face.

Wednesday: Is it 6:30 am again? Back to the ballroom for the last PSO tournament. Off to a very slow start today, couldn't get anything going, missing flops, getting second best hands etc. We get down to two tables and I am moved, fold, fold, starting to get blinded down, eleven players left, I look down at K2spades in the small blind, just me and Eddie the Ritz in the BB, earlier in the H.O.R.S.E tournament I got several chances to raise his BB and he would fold, I go all in and he calls in a second, flips over AA, end of tournament, no final table for me. Later, I went out to dinner at Toby Kieth's I Love This Bar and Grill with a bunch of PSO'ers. I had a fantastic time and enjoyed everyone's company. After dinner we head to Binions downtown to play cards and check out Fremont street. Tex and I sit at a 4/8 limit with kill table and just go to town. We each won $200.00 in less than an hour. Around 9:00 pm we all went over to the RIO to check out the W.S.O.P, hung out for a while then back to home base for the night.

Thursday: Slept in until 10:00 am this time, head downstairs and meet up with Mouse, Tex and hubby for breakfast at the buffet, it was pretty good, except breakfast turned into lunch by the time Tex showed up :lol: Played 4/8 limit for most of the day in the Orleans poker room, Tex was moved to my table after a hour or so, neither of us could get anything going this time. Around 5:00 pm, I said my good byes, packed, checked out and headed for the airport. Arrived home safe and sound after a wonderful trip.

Highlights: Meeting all of the PSO members, laughing my ass of at the tables, Baby Kandie naming one of the players at our table a "Donkey" because he couldn't get it All IN during the H.O.R.S.E tournament,meeting Sherlock and finding out that he remembers Al yelling at him for playing a bad hand against me, seeing how diverse the members are, trying to keep up with Tex and watching her raise in the dark the whole way with AA, after flopping a boat and everyone fighting over who gets to put their chips in, feeling silly as Trops jokes kept going over my head, taking second place in the H.O.R.S.E tournament, drinking Malibu and pineapple at the bar, Bobby Joe our great bartender and of course all of the great dealers and staff who made this such a great experience.

Lowlights: Getting up at 6:30 am while on vacation, my KK getting beat many times, the food at the CourtYard, the heat, dry my ass its still HOT :x , some of the more experienced players critizing the new players, the poker room not being ready with dealers for the new players to play some cash games, not being able to win all of the tournaments and having to go back home.

Here is a link to the pictures I took, if I made a mistake on the labels please let me know. http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...20July%202008/

lisa think that's riverace w baby kandie.great pics. you're still built a little too low to the ground

Comment

Lisa,

It was great fun playing with you and Jan when we were down to 3 handed.

You both played gr8 at the final table. I look forward to seeing you at more final tables, soon.

I was getting lucky to catch cards.

Marion

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.