PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airbornedaddy's WSOP Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbornedaddy's WSOP Journey

So I arrived in vegas last monday.

The early days were quiet. I sat by the pool, drank my mountain dew, and watched Rounders...minus the pool, and without Stacy and the boys, they were just like any other day.
    I read over the supersystem and Barry Greenstein's Ace on the River and mentally prepared myself for the biggest days of my poker career....

Day 1

I wake up and toss on my mountain dew shirt, put my oakley thumps on my hat and head to the Rio. By foot (I made the walk a couple times in +100 degree heat), it's about three miles and 45 minutes away, by taxi, it's about ten minutes and about ten dollars and almost zero risk of heat stroke.
    Well, I received a ride from cansecofan and showed up at the Rio ready to play.
    By ready, I mean I was focused. The nerves were still pretty tame and all I could think was, "I am at the Big Show." To get to the tables, I had to walk through the convntion area, full of lightly dressed women, anxious to throw items in a bag for me, from supplements to tournement promotions.
    I weave my way in and out of a sea of tables, 20k in chips in front of each seat. I find my seat; Blue 21, Seat 7. I know right away it's going to be a crazy day because this is what I see:

Seat 1: Men "The Master" Nygen
    Seat 2: Rafe Furst

I don't recognize anyone else, but at the time, sitting with two braclet winners was enough for me.

The first hand dealt, I am determined to play is. I raise it up and Men calls. He bets the flop I fold. Easy fold, and he shows top pair and flush draw. I'm just happy I got a hand in.

My first hand in the BB was nice, I pick up KK and have Rafe betting into me...I win about a 1200 pot and am stoked to win a pot. Four hands later Rafe bets out again, and again I have KK hold and take another pot....
    The table personality isn't too bad, everybody seems friendly and I cut a deal with Men that any pot we are in together if the flop is black cards, he takes the pot, and if they are red, I take the pot...seemed like a reasonable deal and kept things fun.

Hand:
    I have KQs in the cutoff.
    UTG (Big stack) raises 3x the BB.
    I flat call, as does 1 person before me and the SB. (2500)
    The flop: Ad 10h 6c
    Checks around to me and I fire out for 1425. I figured I'd see if I could take the pot right there.
    SB calls, UTG folds, MP calls. (6725 pot)
    Turn card: Jh
    I make broadway and am happy. Checks to me and I fire out again at 2200. Everyone folds and I scoop the pot.
    Men says, "You have Ace ten?"
    Then the chatter talks: Maybe he had KQ?
    Men: There's no way he had KQ there!
    Yeah yeah, it made me feel good. I fooled the master. And it continues throughout the day, getting away from him when I needed to and being in pots I knew I could take.

More to follow...

Comment

Good stuff, Jimmy. Keep it coming.

Comment

Internet is finally back....the busting (and bust) of Jennifer Tilly to come!

Comment

Busting Jennifer Tilly

To understand the hand, you have to go back about 5 hands. I was in the hijack position (two from the button) and look down at 10 10, and with the blinds at 300/600, I make it 2k to go. Jen Tilly is in the cutoff, directly to my left and reraises me another 7k, which is almost half her stack.
          Everyone folds back to me and I watched her for a little while, seeing what I could pick up. I thought she was going to fall out of her chair she was breathing so hard, and I could actually see the vein in her neck pulsing, I knew she had me dominated and I mucked.

About 5 hands or so later, I am UTG +3 and limp with 1010, Jen Tilly flat calls as well, and it folds around to the big stack button. He raises to 2700, I call. Jen debates for a minute and pushes for another 7k or so. The button folds and it is back to me. I start to go over things in my head....past hands, my stack, her stack, blah blah, so I watch her again.
          This time, she isn't really breathing hard and was more figgety, I ask myself, why would she limp behind me, then jam after raised like that...and then I thought about my tens last time, and a hand I saw her play earlier.
          Her push range is pretty wide, considering what was in the pot already, so I put her on either, a smaller pair than me (rationalizing she would have raised instead of limped/raise) OR she has AK/AQ suited. One put me in GREAT shape, there other, I felt I was on the good sign of a coin flip, because I had put the button on a weak ace or KQ, taking away some of her outs, so I called and was spot on 1010 held against her AK suited and the rest was history!

Comment

I know you were working this evening, just wanted to let you know you made the ESPN telecast tonight. I see Jen (as you call her lmao) had her keys ready. BTW they never showed the flop, they just showed you both flipping your cards over, then you sending her on her way.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingryan
              I know you were working this evening, just wanted to let you know you made the ESPN telecast tonight. I see Jen (as you call her lmao) had her keys ready. BTW they never showed the flop, they just showed you both flipping your cards over, then you sending her on her way.
              LOL, I saw that too, and was wondering if it was AirborneDaddy. She didn't seem to be a happy camper!

Comment

Got home and watched it on Tivo tonight. Love the Mountain Dew shirt. Where can I get one?

I noticed that she didn't seem to excited to shake your hand. What was your overall impression of her play. I know that her TV appearances have made her look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by schwarze
                  Got home and watched it on Tivo tonight. Love the Mountain Dew shirt. Where can I get one?

I noticed that she didn't seem to excited to shake your hand. What was your overall impression of her play. I know that her TV appearances have made her look bad.
                  You can get the shirt at walmart. I am a huge mountain dew fan, besides water, mountain dew is my life line.

About her not shaking my hand right away, hahahhaha, it was kind of funny, she had actually wrapped her ear plug cords from her ipod around her fingers and hand.....the hesitation was her trying to get it off her fingers.....lololololol!

Her overall play wasnt too bad, but she came to the table kind of cranky, as she was down to about 14k in chips. Her play wasn't too bad, I just made a solid read on her....

JB

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.