PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nvflag WSOP Main Event Day 1D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nvflag WSOP Main Event Day 1D

Survived Day one with approx 30,000 chips. Alot better then last year when I had only 12K after day one and managed to cash deep. My "M" is above 20 so I am not in horrible shape.

Nothing real exciting to report other then to say I was at two tough tables with some Pro's Jon Frieberg and Parlad Friedman.

Congrats to the others that survived Day One. Lets make sure one of us goes deep into the money and represent PSO well.

Have a great day all. I am heading over to the Orleans to root on my brother Pirates and Mrsnvflag at the PSO live tour tournament.

Steve
    (nvflag)

Great to hear an update, Steve! I will be rooting from afar!
    Play your usual good game and expect great results!!!

Say HI to all my PSO friends...

Comment

Thanks for the update Steve, and congrats on surviving Day 1. Send everyone my hellos, and best of luck to everyone.

Jim

Comment

Best of luck Steve!

Comment

Hang in there Steve. Best of luck.

Alice

Comment

WTG Steve that's mat least 3 from PSO to make it to Doy lets have an all PSO final table when ever they hold it.

Noel

Comment

Steve
              You know George and I are routing for you.
              Just stay in the zone and play your game.
              Gail

Comment

Well I am out on Day 2B. Honestly played horrible. Lost an early hand with K-K... Then next hand I donkey bluffed off a few thousand chips by firing out a second barrel when the board paired on the turn.

One of the next hands I then from the big blind I called a late position raise with J9 suited.. flopped a straight and despite a few checks on my part, could not get my pre flop raising opponent to lose any chips. Man I was hoping to win some chips on this hand.

After that got low on chips (12K) and made what could be considered a donkey play (comments welcome on this hand)

raised from middle position with KJ suited for 1500 (blinds at 250-500 with 50 ante). Button reraises to 4.5K.... I am now down to approx 10K and push all in..... opponent thinks long and hard an almost folded but winds up calling my all in with A-Q off... and it holds up. Cant blame him as the odds was there for him to call and he had about 50K in chips.

I have been thinking long and hard and could have laid this hand down after he re-raised and still have had 10K to try and double up with. But I decided to gamble here to get back in the game and lost. I hate putting my money in when I do not end up as the favorite.

Oh well.... good luck to those still alive and lets see some PSO'ers go very deep.

** On a separate note - I cannot be any prouder then my brother Pirates who came in 3rd today and won $600 in the PSO live event. Way to go Raymond you have become quite a good player. I should taken some lessons from you before I played today :-)

Steve

Comment

Stop and Go - call and push the flop, if he hits the flop he hits it - same as if you push, but he doesn't get to see 5 cards if he misses. Odds disappear.

But if he flopped his hand it doesn't matter.

And congrats to Ray - well done!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.