PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSOP Circuit Event - Dec 8th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSOP Circuit Event - Dec 8th

If any PSO'ers will be playing in Event #1 on Saturday December 8th, let me know as we could meet beforehand or on some breaks. Or when I get knocked out early in the tournament !

Well it is time to dust off my poker playing cob webs as the World Series of Poker Circuit Event is coming to Harrah's in Atlantic City on December 8th. I plan on playing in my first live tourney event since the summer. So much for my goal of playing in one live tournament per month since I cashed deep in this past years World Series of Poker Main Event. As a previous blog I wrote stated, life gets in the way sometimes of our poker playing plans (work, family, etc). I am however looking forward to getting back into playing live events more regularly. The Borgota Winter Poker Open is in January. This is the same event I cashed in last year in which I had the opportunity to play at the same table with Steve Dannerman (we chatted a bit) as well as Scott Fishman. Only my Q-Q getting outflopped against 3-3 prevented me from probably making the final table in this tournament.

Although I have been studying and reading many poker books since my last tourney, I have not been playing all that much online at PSO or elsewhere. I however have been keeping poker fresh by playing some simulated cash games versus bots on my Poker Academy software. This week I will begin playing some practice tournaments on Poker Academy structuring the event to mirror the WSOPC December 8th blind and chip structure. PSO is great practice also and I do in fact plan on getting some tournaments in before I make the trip up to Atlantic City this weekend.

My brother Raymond (known as "Pirates" on PSO) is once again making a run at some sponsorship points as he came in 1st place in the Silver League at Poker School Online. This would be the third straight month he has finished in the top three spots in the skill league. A pretty impressive feat to say the least. He is accumalting a lot of sponsorship points to redeem for a live tournament buy-in. Possible a 2008 World Series braclet event this summer. You see he wants to win a WSOP braclet. Now before any of you laugh. If you know Pirates (Raymond) and what he has and daily overcomes in life, you would not be surprised if he achieves this goal in his lifetime.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and thanked the good Lord for all He has given us in life - including the opportunity PSO management has given all of us to be part of a great fellowship of caring poker playing friends.

God Bless
    Steve D
    (nvflag)

That QQ vs 33 hand was one of the sickest hands I have ever seen - live or online. The guy with the 33 is a pro, but if he yelled "come to papa" one more time, I'm not sure he would have been around to play much longer. When the flop hit, I think everyone wanted to knock the guy out. UGLY UGLY UGLY.

I'll be getting into AC the evening of the 9th Steve. If you are still around give me a call.

Ed

Comment

Steve i will also be rolling into Atlantic City on the 9th, hope i get a chance to meet up with you.

And yes Raymond (pirates) has become a force to be reckoned with here at PSO. I noticed several months ago that he had improved immensely, and he hasnt looked back since.

Good luck in your event, and i look forward to being there to root you on.

Jim

Comment

AC

Steve, I will be playing Saturday and will be in and out during the week. Hope to see you. Don't worry, I promise not to mention the convention picture I am waiting for

Marty

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.