PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$431 Third place against a Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $431 Third place against a Pro

I played a limit OHL8 game on Full Tilt tonight and finished in third cashing in for $431.

The most interesting part of this game was playing against a pro. Lynette Chan. She hangs out in Vegas mostly playing big cash games, but also has a contract with Full Tilt.

I led for at least half of the game. Starting sometime around the 2nd hour of play and on until the final table got started. Of course, Lynette was on the final table, and she took several hands away from me.

I also beat her several times, but in the end it came down to a big hand against the eventual winner. I had QQQ, and he had a flush draw, and he got the flush on the river to knock me out of first place for first time since several hours ago. I kept on losing after that and ended up in 3rd place.

Lynette played tight and very agressive, and seldom played a hand that did not contain an Ace. In this hand, she pushed me with As2s7h4h while I had AcQcKhTd. The flop came down 9cAh6d - Jh - Qh. So again, I lost on the river with a flush runner runner. Maybe I should have folded earlier?

Much earlier in the game, I had this hand against her. (Look at that large lead that I managed to lose. She had to go all in on this hand.

Full Tilt Poker Game #4181258538: $3,000 Guarantee (31178727), Table 14 - 2500/5000 - Limit Omaha H/L - 2:51:57 ET - 2007/11/15
    Seat 1: BOO2345 (29,240)
    Seat 2: Lynette Chan (8,031)
    Seat 4: erinsmomm (15,314)
    Seat 5: Jeff53 (130,241)
    Seat 8: win28win (40,636)
    win28win posts the small blind of 1,250
    BOO2345 posts the big blind of 2,500
    The button is in seat #5
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Jeff53 >>>> a premium hand in my book
    Lynette Chan raises to 5,000
    erinsmomm has 15 seconds left to act
    erinsmomm folds
    Jeff53 raises to 7,500
    win28win folds
    BOO2345 folds
    Lynette Chan raises to 8,031, and is all in
    Jeff53 calls 531
    Lynette Chan shows >>>>>>>>> she pushed with a mediocre hand and got lucky.
    Jeff53 shows
    *** FLOP *** >>>>>>> She flopped two pair, but I have spade and low draw
    *** TURN *** >>>>>>>>That 4 killed my low hand
    *** RIVER *** >>>>>>The ten did nothing for me and I lost it all.
    Lynette Chan shows two pair, Sevens and Sixes, for high and Lynette Chan shows 7,6,5,4,2, for low

In summary, she had to get lucky on this hand(40% chance to win or split) to even exist in the tournament. But this launched her and she took advantage, like a good pro can do.

I learned a lot from this event, and I look forward to the next opportunity to play against a pro. It's the only way to get better.

Great Job Jeff!

Comment

Thanks, I'm thrilled to win the money, but actually bummed that I lost to a pro who at one time had 1/17th of my chip stack.

But in reality, she won most of her chips off of others, and got lucky on that runner runner flush win. She was good though.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.