PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More live play Al

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More live play Al

Dag, wish my story was as sexy as some of the other posts here but it is a live tourney report and how PSO has improved my play.

Al and I have been passing notes and he has been giving me some pointers on how to deal with a local charity tourney held each month I have been playing for a year. This tourney is a big room, normally 150 to 200 players. But is also very low stakes with a $30 buy-in (1500 chips), $10 rebuys for the 1st hour and a $20 5000 chip add-on at the end of the 1st hour and rebuy period.

This tourney drove me nuts for nearly a year due to the rebuys and maniac play associated with rebuys. Due in no small part to Al's coaching and my experience here at PSO, I upped my best result of 18th in this tourney over the past year, to a 6th in August and a 3rd in September.

Al and I started talking about this tourney in July and the August result reflected that. I continued to apply his recommendations in August and began reading suggested poker books more intensely and the September result improved more.

And don't laugh too hard folks, because the 6th place came against 173 players and the 3rd place was against 152! Not to mention the 3rd place trophy looks great in my office! That wouldn't be a bad idea for PSO going forward. The top 3 each month earn a nice trophy. I honestly played harder to get the trophy than the money to be real honest. Must be an ego thing.

Last but not least, yes the fish are deep they are about half the field. But the same tourney produced 3 WSOP players this year that cashed in the events they entered. So the other half of the field I would consider more serious players than your average Vegas/AC tourist players.

November is the season final for this tourney. It is only open to the final table players from the prior 10 months and I now have 2 seats. (Thanks Al and PSO) It will be a $5000 top prize with 100 players! Not too shabby for a $30 buy-in and no adds or rebuys this time!

Going to Vegas next week and will be playing in a Caesars tourney with another PSO player Mumu. Great guy, he and I came over to PSO from another training site and he is a sharp live player. If we do anything significant I will post it here.

My point is PSO works, and there is very good stuff here! I'm sold on it.

Thanks AL and PSO

ALRIGHT. wtg. I'm glad there's another player that gets some benefit from PSO.

Nice report. Keep up the studying poker.

Good luck in Vegas and the November Charity Championship.

Comment

Nice report, Jon - it's filling me with enthusiasm .

Good luck in your upcoming tourneys!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.