PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My trip to the WSOP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My trip to the WSOP

I arrived on Friday 6/29/07. Visited my in-laws for a bit then went to Binion’s to play $150.00 NL event, was able to play for a couple hours, made a few bad moves. Being short stacked my pair of 7-7 ran into 2 pair of queens and I was eliminated.

Saturday, I was playing event #49 $1500.00 NL. What a mad house, 3151 players, I started at table 99- seat 9 in the tent. I played tight for the first 2 levels; my table was a little aggressive. Third level I made pre flop raise with a- q, was called by the small blind, flop was 4-A-4, I bet, she re-raised all –in. I had seen her play a week ace often in the first couple levels, so I called…opps she had a-k, I thought my day was over, until a queen hit the river. That would be my only suck-out for the tourney. I played well for the next couple hours then I was moved for the 5th time and I was seated at a table with Johan Storakers(Swedish Pro) Johan could not have been nicer, like to talk. After we returned from the dinner break there was only 14 tables left in the tent, we all were wondering when we would be moved, we finally moved ½ hr later. All the players at the tables inside had a lot of chips compared to those coming in from the tent. There were 480 players left at this point. I was seated at table 24 seat 3 and I was short stacked, bb was 800 and I had 5200. I survived for another level to bb 1200; they just announce that we are playing 42 table 9 players per table. I got pocket 10’s under the gun, I moved all in for 6,000 was called by 1 player and the bb was all in for his 1200. The caller had A-A, I was out in 377 place. I had a great time and I think I played well. Can’t wait till next year.

I meet alot of good people

Good report,

Nice playing to get the $1500.00 free lunch at the break (I hope they gave you the free meal?). :lol:

History was made and you participated in the largest (numbers) non-main event WSOP tournament, to date.

Hope to see you there next year. Maybe I'll make it to the meal payout break. :wink:

Comment

Good job!

Good job in the tourney - you outlasted a LOT of people!

I played "in the tent" a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty hot in there then - it must have been even worse this week!

Thanks for posting your report, it's interesting to read about everyone's experiences.

Cheers, Gail "Snailarina"

Comment

Great job,lasted along time 8)

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.